Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 29th, 2013 08:00

2 computers, 3 months and the same problem of losing the cursor. Can I get a refund?

From day one the cursor was disappearing. Over 20 tech calls, two tech hardware visits and same problem on the replacement computer as well. At least 30 hours of my time has been wasted. I DO NOT want a non functioning computer and would like to have the system refunded. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

January 31st, 2013 10:00

Hi 18292P,

Thank you for contacting me regarding your technical difficulty. I sincerely regret any frustration or inconvenience you may have been caused. Since this is a tech issue, I am moving your post to the notebook video board. They will be able to help you try these steps:

1) Completely remove the video driver, and then reinstall the correct driver. 
2) If the problem persists, reinstall Windows. 

If that fails, and the system is still within the return period, then a return for refund is an option.

Thanks for your patience,
Lorna

2 Posts

January 31st, 2013 17:00

I appreciate the comments but the same problem has been going on with two systems and we have reinstalled windows at least twice on each system, removed and reinstalled the video drivers and the problem is still present. From the first tech call on day three, until today, I have consistently been assured that the problem would be taken care of so there was no need to return the system. There has been no less than 20 support calls, two tech visits to replace keyboards, track pads and wrist guards and no one can figure out what’s going on. I’m trying to run a business and having a computer that does not operate which Dell has had more than enough opportunities to fix is called a LEMON. I want the system returned for a refund.

No Events found!