Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2015 08:00

After I installed Windows 10, I can't disable the touchpad on my Inspiron N5030 laptop. Please help!!

This past weekend I did a full clean Windows 10 install on my Inspiron laptop. However after the install, I went to Dell Support website to download the Touchpad Driver for my N5030, but Windows 10 told me this driver software is not supported by the OS.

I also tried going to "Mouse & Touchpad Setting" and clicked on "Additional mouse options". However, in the "Mouse Properties" box, I can't find "Touchpad" or "Clickpad" tab, so there's no way for me to turn on/off my touchpad. 

I know my laptop is a bit too old for Windows 10, but I still have a gut feeling that this touchpad should be able to be set somewhere!

Thank you very much in advance for you help!!!

1 Message

September 22nd, 2015 12:00

I have the same problem. Dell will fix it for $129 for a one time session. Not helpful. Hope someone knows how to do this since I don't use the touchpad, but have an external mouse. I have and Inspiron 17.

September 22nd, 2015 21:00

Hello and good evening.

Go to start then all apps then windows system then control panel to touchpad and you will see a slide switch and move it to off.

Mark

Geez we did not even have to go into the BIOS!

September 22nd, 2015 21:00

Hello and good evening

I would not pay Dell a penny for something that you can do yourself.

Read my other reply for a quick fix.

Mark

2 Posts

September 23rd, 2015 17:00

Thanks Mark for the solution.

I tried going to Control Panel but I can't find touchpad setting. The only setting related to touchpad that I can find is to "To help prevent the cursor from accidentally moving while you type, change the delay of touchpad before clicks work".

Thank you in advance!

September 23rd, 2015 18:00

Hello and good evening

You have to select Control Panel then Touchpad

You are most welcome

Mark

September 23rd, 2015 18:00

Hello and good evening

Alright. Go back to Control Panel and click on Device Manager and on the "Mouse and other pointing devices."

Now dropdown the menu (Right Click on the touchpad and uninstall it)

You can always go to support.dell.com and extract the driver when you want to go back to using the Touchpad.

Mark

No Events found!