Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2013 08:00

Annoying warning message from ALPS driver.

I have a Dell Latitude E5530 using win 8. I've been away for about a month and have not signed in.

Today I signed-in and was requested to update to the new windows 8.1 version.  Upon completion and restart of my laptop,

I keep getting this warning box message. "ALPS driver has found IOCTL - error:320".

Click ok and message box goes away, but keeps displaying every attempt I log in.

How can I fix this problem?

Is there  some new Alps driver I need to download?

Never had this problem before I applied 8.1 updates.

Thanks.

TC.

October 24th, 2013 09:00

Hi tomx2,

The error that you have mentioned is because of a corrupt driver or a hardware failure. I would suggest you to follow these steps and uninstall the driver.

1. Click on start and type Device Manager.

2. Expand the node that represents the type of device that you want to uninstall, right-click the device entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click OK to start the uninstall process

4.When the uninstall process is complete, remove the device.

(Note: Deleting a Driver Package. On the Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click the Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the driver package that was used for the device)

Once you delete the driver use this link and punch in the service tag. Select the operating system version (32 or 64 bit ) and reinstall the software.

http://dell.to/19zbTzI

41 Posts

October 24th, 2013 10:00

hi DELL-SHRIKANTH.

Just to verify before I apply the update.

I clicked on device manager and found "mice and other pointing devices".

Under this node, there exist "Dell Touchpad".

Do I right click this device entry name to uninstall?

In product support for E5530, there exist a driver 64-bit called Dell Multi-Touch Touchpad driver 

8.1200.101.134, release date of  10/17/2013.

Is this the driver i should download to replace my defective driver?

TC.

October 28th, 2013 06:00

Hi tomx2,

Yes that is the right step to uninstall and the steps you have mentioned is also right. 

97 Posts

November 15th, 2013 17:00

Will this same fix work for me? I am also receiving this same error when I start up Windows 7 (64 bit Ultimate) on my Latitude E5420

"ALPS driver has found IOCTL-error : 320"

Started happening last week after the Dell autoupdate ran.

Thanks

No Events found!