Highlighted
pilarmg
Copper

Audio driver r99254.exe

Jump to solution

I have been looking for the audio driver for my DELL Inspiron 2200 in thw web page, and i cant find it anywhere. As i have readen its name is R99254.exe

Could anyone help me to find it, please??

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
21 Replies
Telson A
Platinum

Re: Audio driver r99254.exe

Jump to solution

Hi

Here is the audio driver you are looking for

SIGMATEL STAC 975X AC97 Direct Download

Forum Member Since 2010

0 Kudos
karr294
Copper

Jump to solution

Hello,

That is not the problem. Try clicking on the link. It fails to go to the download manager or any download of any sort.  It says the page doesn't exist.  Why is this driver not available even though it is listed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
karr294
Copper

Jump to solution

I meant to say that is a question for Telsa or dell support to answer.  I just reinstalled windows on my comp and I need this file badly as it is the only driver available(that i know of, any other audio drivers that work with inspirion 9300 would be of great help too)

Hello,

That is not the problem. Try clicking on the link. It fails to go to the download manager or any download of any sort.  It says the page doesn't exist.  Why is this driver not available even though it is listed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
dsmith2520
Copper

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same problem with a Latitude D810.  It uses the same sigmatel driver and I keep getting a 550 file not found error when I click on the download.  Following the link above navigates to a file not found error.  This file has disappeared from Dells site for some reason.  And like the previous poster, I really need this file to get my sound working.

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
Diamond

Jump to solution

Dell's link to the driver is broken. A lot of drivers seem to be missing from their ftp site so I guess their server is down. You can get the R99254 driver from

http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/234252/dell-sigmatel-stac-975x-ac97-wdm-audio-driver-v.5.10.0.4255...

You have to type in a recognition code and then click on "Download this driver for your device from open drivers". You go to another page with several links. The only one that worked for me was "Backup Server".

Or I can e-mail the file to anyone who wants it and sends me a p.m.

Jim Coates -- 14 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
dsmith2520
Copper

Jump to solution

Thanks Jim!

Those "driver" sites suck to navigate, but that backup server is a great find.  I got the file and everything is good on my end.  However, Dell needs to figure out why a portion of their drivers are all of the sudden not available.

0 Kudos
Telson A
Platinum

Jump to solution

Hi

The link is broken, However i have uploaded the driver file here.

SIGMATEL STAC 975X AC97 Win 2000/XP

Forum Member Since 2010

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
Diamond

Jump to solution

However, Dell needs to figure out why a portion of their drivers are all of the sudden not available.

Unfortunately it is not all of a sudden. Files have been disappearing from the ftp site for months. The forum moderators know about this and say that they have asked Dell to fix it but there is no action. It is like Dell's infrastructure is crumbling in slow motion.

Jim Coates -- 14 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

0 Kudos
karr294
Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you Telson and Jim.  I spent nearly the whole night looking for this driver. 

0 Kudos