Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2009 11:00

'Base System Device' driver

Hello,

I recently installed Windows 7 on my studio 1435. All the drivers were installed correctly but the 'Base System Device' driver couldn't be installed. I tried the 'Search Automatically for the updated driver software' option but no driver could be found. where can I find the 'Base System Device' driver?

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU

14.4K Posts

December 5th, 2009 08:00

Hello,

I recently installed Windows 7 on my studio 1435. All the drivers were installed correctly but the 'Base System Device' driver couldn't be installed. I tried the 'Search Automatically for the updated driver software' option but no driver could be found. where can I find the 'Base System Device' driver?

Try downloading an installing THIS driver. Do not use the download manager to download the file instead use the web browser option.

14.4K Posts

Hello,

Try downloading an installing THIS driver. Do not use the download manager to download the file instead use the web browser option.

8 Posts

I am having the same issue with my Mini 9...installed Win7 and all went well, execpt for the Base System Device Drivers.

1 Message

January 12th, 2010 08:00

Hi.  I've been trying to get the driver for this System Base Device Driver but every time I click on the download, all I get is the Dell Device Driver Manager.  You said something about using the "web browser option".    I'm afraid I don't know what that is.  Could you help direct me to how that works so I can get this driver?

14.4K Posts

January 12th, 2010 15:00

when you click on the link to download the driver file, a window should pop up. At the top of the window will be the select download manager at the bottom should be download using web browser.s

You may have to flush your browser cache. if using IE on the menu bar go to Tools, Internet options. in the window that opens select delete temp files.

Close the browser once done and the go back to the download page.

3 Posts

February 6th, 2010 14:00

I had same problem, so i grabbed driver from HP website. I have Windows 7 64 bit on Inspiron 1721. http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3688868&prodNameId=3688870&swEnvOID=2096&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=ob-76430-1 If link won't work search in google with "ricoh media card reader driver 64 bit".

February 17th, 2010 12:00

I just upgraded my Inspiron 1520 to Windows 7 32-bit and am having the Base Device Driver issue as well. Anyone know where I can find it for my laptop? I haven't been able to locate it on here.

14.4K Posts

February 17th, 2010 13:00

I just upgraded my Inspiron 1520 to Windows 7 32-bit and am having the Base Device Driver issue as well. Anyone know where I can find it for my laptop? I haven't been able to locate it on here.

Download and install THIS driver. Vista drivers work in win 7. Do not use the download manager us the option to download via web browser.

14.4K Posts

March 1st, 2010 18:00

I have an Inspiron 1721 with Windows 7 as well, and I had the same base system device driver issue. I tried downloading both the suggested drivers from davet50 and jitpatel successfully, but these problems still remain: keyboard shortcuts not working, touchpad scroll bar not working, and the screen not turning off when the lid of my laptop is closed. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Download THIS driver  and THIS one

4 Posts

March 1st, 2010 18:00

I have an Inspiron 1721 with Windows 7 as well, and I had the same base system device driver issue. I tried downloading both the suggested drivers from davet50 and jitpatel successfully, but these problems still remain: keyboard shortcuts not working, touchpad scroll bar not working, and the screen not turning off when the lid of my laptop is closed. Any suggestions?

Thanks

4 Posts

March 1st, 2010 19:00

Sorry, I forgot to mention that my system is 64 bit, I managed to find the 64 bit version of the first link and downloaded it successfully, but I have been looking everywhere for the 64 bit version of the dell touchpad / pointing stick driver. Could you help me find it?

Thanks for all your help!

1 Message

July 22nd, 2010 08:00

I have a same problem with my XPS M1330. I don't know with driver to download :( please help. And I am not sure if I use Vista driver Ricoh for windows 7 or not? My card is broken so I can't try it :(

1 Message

January 3rd, 2012 23:00

I've got the same problem on my Inspiron 1526 after installing Vista Home Prem 64....can't find drivers for it HELP

41 Posts

September 27th, 2012 09:00

Hello,

You can download all the chipset drivers using the link mentioned below, to download the drivers select correct operating system which is present in the computer

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/latitude-e4300

2 Posts

September 27th, 2012 09:00

I"m trying to find this "BASE SYSTEM DEVICE" driver for a Latitude E4300. The links "THIS" above seem to be broken as they do not point to a driver.  Could someone post the device driver to load from  the LIST (e.g. CHIPSET  #4)...

Thanks.  I've found ALL the other needed drivers to get rid of the ! in the device manager but that one.

Bill, Mint HIll, NC

No Events found!