Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 16th, 2012 22:00

Battery issue and I know I'm not insane!

Ok, A year after getting the la[top my battery started giving me the warning. Strange how it was exactly 1 year after purchase so after warranty but thats neither here not there. So I decided to get a battery other than from dell, because lets face it their kind of pricey. The Battery worked fine for about a month, I had an issue where Dell came out to fix something, and they did a new hard drive, updated bios all of a sudden the battery is not working anymore with the laptop. Dell won't even discuss it with me because its not their battery even though its their laptop. When I googled the issue a lot of eole are having the same issue.

it says plugged in charging but its the percentage is not changing consistently. One day it said 17% now I'm stuck at 47%. When I unplug the AC Adapter it immediately shuts off. to test the battery, I had a friend of mine plug the batter into his laptop and it worked fine. I've tried the trick Microsoft gave about uninstalling the driver under batteries ine device manager with no luck. I wiped windows again. Still battery acting weird. I even reflashed the bios, still no good. No sure id I should go back down to A08 from A14 though. 

Now another weird thing is when I look at the dell battery meter, it still has the factory battery listed with that serial and such. With Dell as the manufacturer. So I'm thinking its a problem reading it. I even tried using Dell support center and running a battery test. It came back iit healthy and charging normally. I even tried a few after market monitors and they all are saying same the same thing with the original OEM battery info stuck there too. Ironically, if I plug the OEM battery back in, it works its just that the life cycle is almost gone and it will only hold a charge about 20-30 minutes now.

Has anyone else had this issue?  and is there a fix for it? 

3.6K Posts

May 16th, 2012 22:00

Have you tried reseatting the battery yet??Try these next steps after turning off laptop.

1)Remove the power cable from back of laptop,then remove from wall

2)Remove battery and then reseat it back in place.

3)Connect the power cable to the outlet first(is the adapter lit up??),then connect it to the back of laptop.

Post back with results.

2 Posts

May 16th, 2012 23:00

I had before. Just tried again. Still the same thing. O pushed the buttons on the back of the battery and I have 3 out of 5 lights lit. I even held it down until it blinked and stopped, hoping that would reset it too. Still nothing.

No Events found!