Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

S

4 Posts

July 7th, 2008 19:00

Beeping noise using 1525 built-in webcam & stereo mics

Hello,

I'm hearing a beeping noise when using the built-in webcam with stereo microphones on my new Inspiron 1525.  Whenever connected to MSN or Skype during a video call it always transmits a beeping noise to the recipient.  This has happened in several different cities and sometimes adjusting the tilt of the LCD screen makes the beepign noise drop or rise in volume.  Sounds to me like a high frequency fan noise transmitting through the case to the mics, cycles about 6 times per second.

Any one have some ideas how to cure this?

Lemme know.

1 Message

July 8th, 2008 15:00

yes i am getting the same thing, whether it be making a video recording on the webcam centre, or a voice recording on 'sound recorder' [found in accessories]

very annoying! help would be appreciated anyone

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 9th, 2008 02:00

There is a method for turning off beeps in the FAQ -- the 1st thread on this board. If that doesn't help then maybe contact tech support -- the noise you describe seems abnormal.

Jim 

1 Message

September 23rd, 2008 11:00

I'm getting the same problem. If I boot the 1525 and start Audacity and record some sound it's fine. I then start up the web cam and record sound with video and getting a beep which appears to correlate with frame rate of the camera. The odd thing is that if I then close down the web cam and record some sound with Audacity the beeping persists.
I'm trying to get the store to replace the laptop but having seen your post I'm concerned it may be a general fault with the 1525. 

4 Posts

September 28th, 2008 21:00

Hmmm, considering you are a GOLD member, it would have been nice if you actually _read_ my post before replying to it.  The beeping doesn't occur on my end of the video/audio transmission, thus it cannot be turned off like the system beep you refer to in the FAQ.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 29th, 2008 02:00

"The beeping doesn't occur on my end of the video/audio transmission...''

That isn't what you wrote in your first post where you said you hear the beep:

"I'm hearing a beeping noise when using the built-in webcam with stereo microphones on my new Inspiron 1525."

You also wrote that the beep gets transmitted when you are connected. The next poster wrote that the beep occurs during recording but made no mention of video calls. My two suggestions -- to try to turn off the beep and to contact support -- were meant for both of you. Sorry I wasn't able to help.

Jim

No Events found!