Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

June 11th, 2008 23:00

Bluetooth Speakers

I have just purchased a pair of AVLabs AVL337 Bluetooth Speakers to use with my Dell Notebook. When trying to get the speakers to work, the Notebook finds the speakers but then asks for a driver disk. AVLabs did not provide a driver disk. I contacted them and they told me that the speakers did not need drivers and that the problem was with either the Dell Bluetooth module or the on-board sound in the Notebook, and that I should refer back to Dell.

My Notebook config is as follows:

Dell Inspiron 6400/E1505 Notebook
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo Processor T5600
2GB DDR2 SDRAM
Dell(TM) Wireless 355 Bluetooth Module
Sigmatel STAC92XX C-Major HD Audio Sound
MS Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit

Any idea where I can find the drivers I need ?

984 Posts

June 12th, 2008 06:00

To set up your Bluetooth Speakers

1. Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Bluetooth Devices.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Allow.

2. On the Devices tab, click Add to add the Bluetooth Speakers, and then follow the steps in the wizard.

Note

The Bluetooth Speakers are connected and ready to use immediately after being added. However refer to the information from Microsoft at the following link:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933144

Message Edited by Sofu on 06-12-2008 07:59 PM
Message Edited by Sofu on 06-12-2008 08:00 PM

June 12th, 2008 09:00

Sofu - Thanks for the reply but I had already got that far. Windows is asking for a device driver and I do not have one, and Windows cannot find one. The speaker manufacturer tells me that no drivers are required. So I am stuck.

984 Posts

June 12th, 2008 14:00

Do you already have any Bluetooth Devices installed on the Devices tab of the Bluetooth Devices window?

984 Posts

June 12th, 2008 17:00

In Device Manager check whether the following Sound Controllers are installed and working:

1. Bluetooth Stereo Audio
  2. Bluetooth Hands-free Audio
  3. SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Each of the above needs a driver.

June 13th, 2008 10:00

Sofu - Ok, I updated the sound and bluetooth drivers from the Dell web site, so the drivers you listed are installed. I have now managed to install the speakers without Windows asking fro a driver. I have set the default speakers to the Bluetooth speakers and have restarted my PC. But still no sound.

984 Posts

June 13th, 2008 15:00

What happens whem you do the following?

1. Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Bluetooth Devices.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type your password or click Allow.

2. Click the Audio tab, click your Bluetooth speakers and then click Connect.

June 14th, 2008 00:00

Tried that a number of times - then - Hey ! Suddenly they work ! Beats me. Thanks for all your help Sofu. Cheers !

984 Posts

June 14th, 2008 01:00

Glad to have been able to help you. Many thanks for the feedback.
No Events found!