Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

January 23rd, 2009 02:00

Charging light blinking orange on Laptop

I have a Dell Inspiron 1520 notebook just out of warranty and the charging light blinks orange 3 times and then ususal blue. This cycle is repeated then. The battery backup time is about 1 and a half hour and the system apparently is working fine. The charging is also happening when the system is drained out. What could be the cause.

4 Posts

January 23rd, 2009 04:00

I have the same problem with Dell 1520 laptop 13 months old, I called tech support asnd they told me it was the battery that needed replacement. I guess now they build them to self destruct just after the warranty is up

2 Posts

January 24th, 2009 21:00

Thanx Joe for the input. And God Bless You.

Visit Sahajayoga.org and connect yourself to the Creator. 

1 Message

September 8th, 2009 17:00

Not always the battery, I have 2 Dell 1525s both just out of warrantee of course and both batteries charge full on one laptop and last like new but neither will charge in the other laptop just the dreaded blue light then orange light flashing away, but when I charge either battery and pop one in the non charging dell 1525 they work perfectly and show no battery light at all no charging light,  but run on it no problem. These will be the last dells for me ever, I am so dissapointed in the Newer Dell laptops.

2 Posts

September 22nd, 2009 15:00

I am also just out of warranty on my Vostro 1500 and the same lights started blinking for my battery at all times. I rarely unplug and go on battery power. Is there a way to stop the blinking? Its annoying and never stops.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 22nd, 2009 16:00

Remove the battery - or replace it with a new one.

1 Message

November 6th, 2012 07:00

I have same problem, but with two batteries

1 Message

November 6th, 2012 08:00

I have an XPS 15 that was purchased in November 2010 and this same problem started occurring about 4 months ago.  Its really infuriating since I  paid extra for the long life 9 cell battery,  now that battery lasts about 10 minutes before its done.  Perhaps a recall is in order Dell?  I have bought many Dell laptops, servers and desktops over the past 12 years for my business and have noticed more recent quality issues like this.  Hopefully they will get their quality control in order once again.

No Events found!