Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2013 03:00

Code 28 on PCI bus ACPI\SMO8800 - XPS 14Z

Code 28 on PCI bus ACPI\SMO8800

Hi i have  an unknown device in my device manager. in propertis it shows this message - "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)" i cannot update the driver windows cannot find the driver.  Under the details tab property is: hardware Ids  value ACPI\SMO8800 and *SMO8800.

I have found out that this is an accelerometer, a device that detects when your laptop may be falling and instantly stops the hard disk so it isn’t damaged on impact.

Will that driver update my (xps L14z -  windows 8 x64) unknown device?

1.8K Posts

March 16th, 2013 19:00

Hi Marco Matias,

You may install the ST Microelectronics driver in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and check if it works. Link to download driver: http://dell.to/WvSvjy 

Download the driver -- > Right Click the applications installation file and select Properties/Compatibility Tab -- > Select Windows 7 -- > Click Apply/OK -- > Right Click the file and select the Run As Administrator option to install.

Please share the findings. 

March 18th, 2013 06:00

CHINMAY

OK, I made this installation and working.

Thanks,

Marco Matias

1.8K Posts

March 21st, 2013 00:00

Hi Marco Matias,

I am glad that the issue is resolved. Please feel free to get in touch in case you have any further questions. I'll be glad to assist.

1 Message

July 3rd, 2016 13:00

I had the same problem after upgrading to Windows 10 - I tried the fix mentioned and it didn't work for me. I get an error message from Windows saying that it's blocking the program because it's incompatible with Windows 10.

Also I'm having trouble with 2 finger scrolling not working on my track pad in some programs. i.e.) works in Google Chrome, but now Microsoft Egde. Works in the start menu and file explorer.

No Events found!