Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 2nd, 2009 01:00

Connecting an Inspiron 1545 to a plasma tv

Hello people. I've ordered an Inspiron 1545 and plan to link it with a tv however i'm unsure about which cables can fit the pc. I know it has a VGA socket but that it doesn't have a HDMI connection. The ideal way (at least from internet research) is to have a DVI - HDMI cable. However, would a DVI cable fit on my laptop? If so, where does it go? Hope someone can help! I'm one of those that likes to get everything sorted when it's arrived.

PS: While i'm here, i've read complaints about the battery capability, mainly due to the 4-cell version. Has anyone had any problems with the 6-cell version? I'm debating whether I should've got a 9-cell battery option. I'm happy with 1.5hrs usage really.

15 Posts

January 10th, 2012 10:00

Excuse me, it's not all useless thank you very much, It did work with me , otherwise i would not say it so please get your facts right before you make the above comment, . you are very good at commenting but not very good at finding solutions. at least I have given this person some options she could try without losing money

By the way, the link I sent her is about informing her on what's available on the market.

Sorry Cowms2000, I am trying to help you but it seems some people like to comment and be sarcastic instead of finding solutions and give options.

I am out thanks

50 Posts

March 8th, 2012 01:00

VGA to RCA cable/adapters are cheap and available.  See http://www.ebay.com/itm/SVGA-VGA-to-TV-Cord-RCA-AV-3-Adapter-Computer-Cable-NEW-/300675078579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4601a199b3 for example.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 8th, 2012 06:00

VGA to RCA cable/adapters are cheap and available.  See http://www.ebay.com/itm/SVGA-VGA-to-TV-Cord-RCA-AV-3-Adapter-Computer-Cable-NEW-/300675078579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4601a199b3 for example.

Cheap and available and totally useless.

9 Posts

March 8th, 2012 07:00

Jamiethomas, THANK YOU very much for all of your assistance!!!!  I appreciate all of your help and valuable input and yes. I completely agree with the sarcasm and saw it in the very beginning of this post. Rude sarcastic comments but no offer of assistance as to what would help.

We still have not purchased a cable. My mom realized what I was having to go through to determine what would work and told me I was spending too much time on it and said to just forget it and I got busy and let it rest for a while.

She does have the VGA port on her laptop and has the three openings for the black, white, red jacks on her TV so, because these cables are inexpensive, I think I am just gonna go for it and spend the money (I looked in stores and could not find this cable anywhere)  I saw some on eBay and can just purchase one there and see if it works. My only concern is I received a link in regard to this reply and it is for SVGA VGA TO TV CORD RCA AV and it states:

• NOTE: Your display system must support component video (Y, Pr, Pb) signal output function in order for the image to display properly. Please consult with your VGA card's user manual for more information..
  • NOTE: Specific TV-out feature on video card is required, please check with your video card output specification for compatibility

With these notes, I assume where it says to consult with you VGA card's user manual, that would be checking out the laptop's VGA itself to see what the component video is and then I also need to check out the TV-out feature--but I was not aware a TV has a "video card??"

As you see, it is still pretty complicated. But I see these cables are about $6.00 U.S. When I received another forum update. this ebay link came in my email http://www.ebay.com/itm/SVGA-VGA-to-TV-Cord-RCA-AV-3-Adapter-Computer-Cable-NEW-/300675078579?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4601a199b3

and the "notes" above were posted on the eBay site.

Still pursuing options, do not want the big $125 box as the other person had mentioned. If spending that much, might as well buy a new laptop, but my mom's laptop is not that old and she does not want to purchase another one as of yet.

Thanks again, for all of your help, I know you've been helping me and I greatly appreciate ALL of your input. I'm sorry some people have to be rude and sarcastic in these posts. It is completely uncalled for.

Thanks again, will let you know if/when I've come to some resolution!!!!

Have a great day!!! :)

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

March 8th, 2012 11:00

whatever man!! As i can see on your picture caption, you are clearly an Angry Bird!!! Are you ok? Do you need help?

Do everybody a favor, just go away!!! As I can see, you still make comments but I don't see much help from you! The cable is not useless, YOU ARE!! and that's not a fantasy, that's pure reality. I am not saying I am an expert but at least I try my best to help

Cowms2000, my pleasure. Apologies for troublemaker on this board. Certain people like to fart higher than their rear bottom. If the cable is useless, at least we would have tried.

Good luck and I look forward to hear from you

Best JT

You can condemn me all you want. That doesn't change that Cowms2000 will end up with an useless cable for her purposes.

But hey, just go ahead and buy that cable. It isn't my $.

You really should pay attention to what the red, green, blue connectors on that cable *really* means.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

Still pursuing options, do not want the big $125 box as the other person had mentioned. If spending that much, might as well buy a new laptop, but my mom's laptop is not that old and she does not want to purchase another one as of yet.

You can deal with reality or fantasy (= that the $6 cable is going to work for you).

15 Posts

whatever man!! As i can see on your picture caption, you are clearly an Angry Bird!!! Are you ok? Do you need help?

Do everybody a favor, just go away!!! As I can see, you still make comments but I don't see much help from you! The cable is not useless, YOU ARE!! and that's not a fantasy, that's pure reality. I am not saying I am an expert but at least I try my best to help

Cowms2000, my pleasure. Apologies for troublemaker on this board. Certain people like to fart higher than their rear bottom. If the cable is useless, at least we would have tried.

Good luck and I look forward to hear from you

Best JT

15 Posts

As I can see you are also here angry bird.

Doug, whatever you do, don't listen to ieee488, clearly he likes to cause trouble on discussion boards and advice everyone to buy a converter box. I can't believe whereever he is, he has got some nasty comments!

15 Posts

good for you :) thanks for your valuable input professor! goodbye now

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

Why goodbye?

So, you can continue to spout your falsehoods?

15 Posts

March 8th, 2012 12:00

Sorry, let me clarify, goodbye to YOU now.

Falsehoods, not really mate. Just someone who is trying to help. at least I am not an Angry Bird!!

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

I don't plan on leaving.

And, yes, falsehoods.

When things don't work, that says it all.

People should note that you got things working with with a VGA to VGA cable.

Now, you have the audacity to claim that the VGA to RCA composite cable with work or that the VGA to s-video cable with work. All hogwash. But you continue to spew the falsehood based on your experience with a VGA to VGA cable which is not the same as the cables that other people are using.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

As I can see you are also here angry bird.

Doug, whatever you do, don't listen to ieee488, clearly he likes to cause trouble on discussion boards and advice everyone to buy a converter box. I can't believe whereever he is, he has got some nasty comments!

Well, gee, the cable isn't working.

So it is "nasty" to suggest that the only way he is going to get this working is with a converter box?

15 Posts

good luck mate.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

This thread is being locked.

Rick

No Events found!