Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

K

1 Message

December 13th, 2003 20:00

D600 Blinking red battery light HELP PLEASE!!

Hello All,

I am having a terrible problem with my 4-month-old Latitude laptop.  Without any determinable cause, the battery light (below my screen) has been blinking red 4 times and then green once, repeating constantly whenever the power cord is plugged in.  I have to use the power cable to use my laptop at all -- if the power cable is not plugged in, then my laptop is dead.  I have tried two different batteries, both of which are charged and should work fine, but they have given the exact same response.  The laptop does not seem to recognize my battery at all.  Can anyone help me figure out how to use my laptop without the power cord?  Thanks!!!

3.1K Posts

December 16th, 2003 13:00

kerryoh,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

The battery lights should only illuminate in a green color.  If any other color appears, it may indicate that the battery or charging system is defective.  You may wish to look at the battery troubleshooting ideas posted in the Power Management FAQ.

14 Posts

August 2nd, 2004 18:00

Hello

I had this problem some minutes ago... but now my notebook it´s working well.
The temperature of my battery was very very HIGH!!!

I left D600 disconnected around 30 minutes, and now it´s working.

I think that the battery is close to death :(
or AC Adapter it´s not okey.

I will try charge/discharge this battery (I have another one) and I will say you what happens.

Please, try to update your BIOS version. Some version include some improves for batt-charge algorithyms (in lastest version A13 it´s included)

Best regards
Ushuaia

Please be careful with battery temps. May be dangerous to left batteries charging unattended (all kinds of rechargeables batteries, not only Dell notebooks)

1 Message

February 12th, 2005 22:00

I have the same problem too. I have a D500 and tried upgrading the BIOS but the problem still. I dont´n know what to do!! Maybe it´s a problem design. How to use my laptop without the power cord?  FAQ doesn´t means anything.

HELP ME PLEASE BOB!!

No Events found!