Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

M

1 Message

September 28th, 2005 06:00

D610 Video memory

I have a D610 with integrated intel graphics, that supposedly can use up to 128 MB of system memory. I have 512 MB of RAM.

The problem is, that when i look how much video memory my laptop has, then both BIOS and windows (my computer->properties) show me that it has 8 MB of video memory.

I would really like to set it to at least 64 MB - but can't find a way to do it. Anybody has a hint? If it's up->to 128 MB then where can i change it?

Thanks,

McWax

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 28th, 2005 10:00

The 8M is not the video memory - it's a video buffer. You cannot adjust the amount of memory dedicated to the video, nor the buffer - the buffer is fixed, and the amount of RAM dedicated to video is dynamically adjusted as needed.

October 4th, 2005 21:00

Why can't you adjust the amount of memory dedicated to the video? Are there any applications out there that would allow us to adjust this feature? I really would like to boost the base video memory from 8 to 64 at least.

Also, does the PC automatically allocate a different amount of video memory when an external monitor is plugged in?

1K Posts

October 12th, 2005 23:00

The Intel IntegratedVideo  will share memory and pull as required up to 128MB according to the spec. There is no advantage gained by setting a fixed amount of memory. You might want to consider upgrading your memory.

Spec:

Integrated video up to 128 MB of shared system memory.

NOTE: Up to 128 MB shared if total computer memory is 512 MB or greater; up to 64 MB shared if total computer memory is less than 512 MB.

Intel

http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/applnots/302623.htm

No Events found!