Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2010 09:00

DC Jack Replacement Inspiron 6000

The jack on my Inspiron 6000 is bad.  I have the motherboard removed and I am very comfortable with replacing the jack myself... I have done numerous repairs in the past using low wattage irons, wick and solder pump.... What I am confused about is that as I look at the jack (Pins facing up and front of jack where you plug in the cord facing me) two of the pins (not the pins for the case body) appear to not be soldered.  There are three pins in a row and all three have soldering traces to solder to but only the middle one appears to be soldered....  Can you tell me if the out two should be soldered?  Mayby this is the problem...  Maybe the soldered connections just need new solder applied....

ANY Help would be greatly appreciated....

December 22nd, 2010 17:00

The jack on my Inspiron 6000 is bad.  I have the motherboard removed and I am very comfortable with replacing the jack myself... I have done numerous repairs in the past using low wattage irons, wick and solder pump.... What I am confused about is that as I look at the jack (Pins facing up and front of jack where you plug in the cord facing me) two of the pins (not the pins for the case body) appear to not be soldered.  There are three pins in a row and all three have soldering traces to solder to but only the middle one appears to be soldered....  Can you tell me if the out two should be soldered?  Mayby this is the problem...  Maybe the soldered connections just need new solder applied....

ANY Help would be greatly appreciated....

It's hard to decide the problem as you provided little info, Could you pls describe it in details?
No Events found!