Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 25th, 2015 14:00

DELL INSPIRON 6000 BLACK SCREEN

My Wife's Dell Inspiron 6000 was not projecting through the projector. When I checked the Device Manager I noticed a Video Adaptor Driver not installed. I went to Dell site and Installed the Video Driver. On rebooting I noticed that no display coming on the laptop, but display came with the Projector. I went to control panel, display and checked setting. Monitor 1 and 2 showed, but by clicking on 1 or 2 only number 1 shows. Could not get to identify 1 and 2. When right clicked on 2 it shows message not activated! I tried everything possible but no go! It dont toggle between laptop and projector. Booted in Safe Mode and tried! Uninstalled the video drivers, nothing works to get the display back.

1.2K Posts

October 1st, 2015 11:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us and also confirming the troubleshooting steps performed,

I would ask you to confirm if  you have performed the LCD BIST( Built in self test) which displays solid colors. If the above test fails as well then the screen is faulty(To initiate LCD BIST restart the system and then press the Dkey as soon as the system is started ).

Also do send system service tag ,along with system owner's ,name ,contact details via private messages so that I can assist you further.

Regards,

No Events found!