Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 30th, 2013 09:00

DELL Inspiron 5030 beeps 7 times continuously on startup.

Last night my DELL Inspiron 5030 laptop's screen went black and the laptop started beeping.  On a restart the laptop sits for a minute and then starts the 7 beep count over and over again.  My warranty ran out 9/2012.....the laptop lasted a little over a year.  Based on the number of posts in this forum talking about the same exact issue, I do think we are talking about a defect in the 5030 model.  What can DELL do to help get this corrected?

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 30th, 2013 09:00

dayj1174

I may be able to help.  Please send me a private message, just click the link in my signature, click start conversation and in the message please include your name, the service tag of the notebook, your address and phone.  Please also include where you purchased the notebook if not directly from Dell.

TB

2 Posts

May 9th, 2014 09:00

Hi Terry,

Last year, almost exactly a year, you helped me with a defect repair for my DELL Inspiron 5030 laptop.  The laptop died one night with a 7 beep error code on restart.  It seems 1 year later I have the exact same problem.  I realize the laptop is not under warranty any longer but for the laptop to die with the same issue two times in a row......each incident happening close to 1 year after purchase and repair......seems like a defect that DELL should take care of.  Do I have any options left with DELL on getting this laptop running again?

Thanks Terry.

Jim Day

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

No Events found!