Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 25th, 2009 08:00

DELL inspiron 6400 touchpad mouse left click problem

Hi guys,

I have inspiron 6400 laptop since two year. last month my left mouse click on laptop is not working.

I check all settings in control panel and did following step without any luck.

1. reinstall mouse driver.

2. change registry. and os detect itself.

3. clean all dust surround touchpad no luck.

use usb mouse and attached to laptop and works fine but I have to carry everywhere.

Is there any suggestion? really appreciate

Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 25th, 2009 08:00

Is there an audible click when the button is pressed? If not, the key is worn and the palmrest will need to be replaced. If you post the correct model number (there is no Inspiron 6600) someone can point you to the part and the service manual.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 25th, 2009 09:00

Last thing to try is running in safe mode (f8 before WIndows loads).  If it works there, it's a driver problem.  If not, it's hardware and you'll need this part:

http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=3237

5 Posts

November 25th, 2009 09:00

Hi ejn63,

thanks for reading my problem. here is answer.

1. Yes( I can here that and it works like normal click but nothing happen)  2. I have inspiron 6400. (typo mistake.. sorry for that)

Thanks

1 Message

March 17th, 2010 08:00

Hi, I have a similar problem with a Dell 6400 (Inspiron).  My left mouse click works sometimes.  Other times, I have to click real hard to make it work.  I tried reversing the buttons in the touch pad properties and the right click works fine.  Its hard to get used to and I will still need the other button click at times.  Any suggestions

No Events found!