Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2017 09:00

DEll Inspiron 5721 four beeps black screen

Ive been trying to turn on my laptop and out of the blue it gives me 4 beeps and the screen remains black, can you tell me why this might be hapenning ? is there any solution? thank you

532 Posts

February 1st, 2017 14:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community. Were there any hardware or software changes made to the computer post which the issue occurred?

As per the diagnostic indicator, 4 beeps indicates memory failure. Reseat the RAM and try booting the computer.

Let us know the results.

4 Posts

last week

4 Posts

I already tried the RAM thing and it still beeps.

the keyboard was changed

532 Posts

February 2nd, 2017 09:00

Thank you for confirming Daniela. Do you hear the beep sound intermittently? Do you see the Dell logo once you power on the computer? If yes run the diagnostics and post the results. You can click here to find the video that has steps to complete the diagnostics.

Also, private message the following,

1. Service tag
2. Registered owner’s name of the system
3. Email address

To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

4 Posts

February 2nd, 2017 14:00

The laptop gives tree sets of four beeps and then stops, it doesn't give the dell logo or anything, it just beeps and then the power light turn off.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 2nd, 2017 14:00

Try each memory module by itself in each socket until you isolate the bad module or the bad socket.  If one module works in either socket, and the other doesn't, replace the bad module.  If neither module works in one socket but does in the other, it's the socket that's bad;  replace the mainboard.   If you get no results doing this, it's the mainboard that's bad.

No Events found!