Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 10th, 2013 22:00

DIsplay off button not working

Hello, display off button not work at me, I have Windows 7 Home Premium and when I press on the button 1 time switch off the display and after 2 seconds is turning on again. What can I do to fix the problem?

1.8K Posts

January 10th, 2013 23:00

Hi KrisztianK,

Please share the system model and location of display button.

Some of the laptops have display on/off buttons. As an example image is shown below:

Quick Launch Buttons
1 Windows Mobility Center Launch Button
2 Dell Support Center 3.0 Launch Button
3 Display ON/OFF Launch Button

In order to assist you in a better way, please provide me the following details:

1. Do you press any key to get the display back or it comes back on its own?  
  2. Is there any other light indicator that stays on even when the display is powered off?
  3. Do you get any error message on the screen? 

Please reply with information.

10 Posts

January 11th, 2013 00:00

My laptop model is : Dell Inspiron N7110 17.3 Inch. The Display comes back on its own after 2 seconds when I press, no error message. The button is like in the picture you showed.

1.8K Posts

January 15th, 2013 02:00

Hi KrisztianK, 

Thank you for your quick response. 

You can use the "Display ON/OFF" button to turn off the display alone. The display will come back on when you would press the button again. Also when the display is off, moving the mouse pointer or pressing any key on the keyboard will bring the display back on. 

If the display comes back without pressing any key or pointer movement, you can re-install the Quickset utility from the link: http://dell.to/VXO3td 

Steps to download driver:

• Click on “Download File”.
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
  • Click on “Download Now”.
  • Save the driver on your desktop.
  • Once the driver is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
  • Follow the prompts on screen and restart your computer.

Please share the findings. 

1 Message

February 8th, 2013 10:00

hi

im facing trouble with the display key suddenly,it was working before and stopped responding at all.it lights up when i press it but the display does not turn off.the key looks exactly like shown in the above picture.i hope to learn a way to fix this problem from you guys soon.

regards,

1.8K Posts

February 11th, 2013 13:00

Hi mehak ahmad,

Please share the system model and Operating system installed.

You may install the quickset application on your computer by following the steps below:

• Click on the below link: http://dell.to/QjjZDA
  • Enter the Service Tag of your system and select the operating system.
  • Go to “Applications” and click on the Quickset available.
  • Click on “Download File”.
  • Select “For Single File Download via Browser”.
  • Click on “Download Now”.
  • Save the application on your desktop.
  • Once the application is downloaded on the desktop, right click on it and select “Run as administrator”.
  • Follow the prompts on screen and restart your computer.

Please share the findings. 

No Events found!