Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 15th, 2014 11:00

Dell Battery Type MR90Y "has experienced a permanent failure and needs to be replaced"

Hello,

I own a Dell Inspiron 15R 5537, bought on Feb 1, 2014. 

As the title says, I get the error: "Your Battery has experienced a permanent failure and needs to be replaced." It also comes on QuickSet. The Battery is stuck at 86% and isn't charging nor discharging. I can only operate via AC power supply which seems to work fine.

I've updated BIOS and checked and it shows the same error message for battery whereas BIOS shows AC power supply is working fine.

I've pretty much tried all the methods suggested in the other posts related to this issue in the forum(s) and still it isn't resolved. The Battery light flashes Red continuously when the battery is plugged.

So is there any other thing I can do? Or should I replace under warranty? And how long is the warranty valid in India?

Battery Type: MR90Y 65 Wh

Thank you!

Nithish

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 15th, 2014 11:00

The battery is warranted for 12 months - call Dell and have it replaced.

3 Posts

August 3rd, 2016 23:00

Hello,

I own a Dell Inspiron 15 3521, bought on Jan 16, 2015. 

As the title says, I get the error: "Your Battery has experienced a permanent failure and needs to be replaced." It also comes on QuickSet. The Battery is stuck at 86% and isn't charging nor discharging. I can only operate via AC power supply which seems to work fine.

I've updated BIOS and checked and it shows the same error message for battery whereas BIOS shows AC power supply is working fine.

I've pretty much tried all the methods suggested in the other posts related to this issue in the forum(s) and still it isn't resolved. The Battery light flashes Red continuously when the battery is plugged.

So is there any other thing I can do? Or should I replace under warranty? And how long is the warranty valid in India?

Battery Type: MR90Y 65 Wh

Thank you!

Arpit

No Events found!