Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

August 11th, 2010 13:00

Dell Inspiron 10 Mini Screen Size Problem

Dear All, maybe some one out there can help:

I have a Dell Inspiron Mini 10 Laptop, and like some other People are reporting, there is a problem getting the small screen to fully display a sheet or webpage. This is problematic, when you down load something, and then find you cannot click the "Accept or Agree button" as it is not visible on the bottom of the screen. To try to rectify this, I opened "Display" in the control panel, and clicked on "Appearances" then font size. Problem, is I inadvertly increased the font size.......and now, the visible screen is showing even less than before. I cannot now access the "font size" section, and cannot undo the mistake.  Anyone know of another way to decrease or restore the font sizes?  Maybe a workaround?  All the standard solutions in the help sections say " Open Display, in the control panel, select appearance, and the font size...." an so the story goes on....:emotion-10: Or do I have to restore to factory settings ?  Maybe there is another way to get a page to show 100% on the 10" screen? Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance, if anyone can help.

Jim.

2 Posts

December 30th, 2010 23:00

Hello,

Hope this hint is not too late...

HERE IS A WORKAROUND for this problem:

Open control panel > Display > Settings > Advanced > General > DPI setting

You should find it already set to Normal (96),   set it to "custom setting..."

don't use the available list, change the scale manually to something smaller than 100%, I tried 90% and it works fine and makes little but accepted distortion to the picture

Now I can see the full window of many applications, if you need to have more space , you should decrease the scale to less value but it might be too small for a human to read

Note: the screen resolution is set to 600x1024

I found no solution for this problem in the Dell support/drivers, they are lousy people to leave such a basic mistake unsolved

2 Posts

December 30th, 2010 23:00

Hello,

don't use the available list, change the scale manually to something smaller than 100%, I tried 90% and it works fine and makes little but accepted distortion to the picture

Now I can see the full window of many applications, if you need to have more space , you should decrease the scale to less value but it might be too small for a human to read

I found no solution for this problem in the Dell support/drivers, they are lousy people to leave such a basic mistake unsolved

Mohamed

January 8th, 2011 18:00

Hello,

Mohamed

It's long time, Have you solved the problem? 
No Events found!