Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 3rd, 2017 00:00

Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming Noise Problem

So a few days ago, I turn my less than 3 week old Dell Inspiron 15 7567 Gaming on, and notice that there is now what appears to be fan noise coming from just the right side of the laptop. Prior to this, the fan would only kick on when the laptop hit a certain temperature, but now there is fan noise constantly. I'm worried this is the sign of worse to come. Uninstalling Windows updates, updating the BIOS, and reinstalling windows have done nothing to help. The only other piece of hardware on that side of the laptop is the hard drive. 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2017 14:00

Please run diagnostic tool to check the Hard Drive on system by following steps below:

1. Power off system. Remove all peripherals except AC adapter.

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key until you see the Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen. In the boot menu, stroll down to Diagnostic and then click on it. After quick tests, click on Hard drive and then Thorough Test Mode. Report back any error code.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

August 3rd, 2017 14:00

In the meantime, I suggest you click on the links below, hopefully it will be of help to you.

A guide to identifying the source of an Abnormal Noise on ...

How to identify and confirm a noisy hard drive on your ...

No Events found!