Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

December 30th, 2012 13:00

Dell Inspiron 1525 HDMI port not working.... I think

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525.  I am trying to connect it to my Samsung flatscreen and also my LG flatscreen but it is not working.  I have done this before succefully but have had to replace my hardrive since.  I do not know if that has anything to do with my problem.  On my computer I go to Control Panel-> Mobile PC-> then under "Windows Mobility Center" I click on "Connect to a projector or other external display"-> Then a small window pops up that has volume, battery status, External Display, and Sync Center options.  Above "External Display" it says "Connect display" and I click on this but nothing happens.  It do not think that the computer recognizes that it is hooked up to the TV via HDMI or vice versa.  I have tried turning the laptop off then plugging in the HDMI cable in but still nothing.  I know that the HDMI cable is good (use it with DVD player and Xbox).  I have tried the Fn+F8 shortcut but nothing occurs.  I do not know what else to do, or if the steps I took to change the output my TV were correct.  Is there another way to do it?  Did I do it wrong?  It has been a while so I do not remember how I got it to work.  I do not care about obtaining audio.  I just need video but I can not get it to work. 

Is there some kind of driver that I need to download? And if so what is it called and how do I find it?

Sorry I am a little computer ignorant.  ANY help or advice would be GREATLY appreciated.  I have been wrestling with this for a while.

Thanks!!

3 Posts

December 30th, 2012 13:00

I forgot to mention that my OS is Vista

3 Posts

December 30th, 2012 14:00

I have tried to right click on the desk top but I do not see "external monitor" option anywhere.  However, that does seem to be how I was able to do it last time.  When I right click on the desk top: View, Sort By, Refresh, New, and Personalize.  I thought it used to be under "View" but that just gives me Icon options.  When I click on "Personalize" it it brings up a bunch of different things I can customize along with "Display Settings"... I would think (and I have read some other things) that it can be done under display settings but I do not see anything that allows me to do so.

Thanks for your help!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

December 30th, 2012 14:00

A projector is not a monitor. Don't select that.  Right click on the Desktop and select external monitor You should also have a shortcut key in the Function keys on the keyboard. F1 or F2 or F8 will usually switch to external monitor--with or without the FN key--try both. Look for the monitor icon on the key. Don't forget to select the correct input on the tv using the tv remote. That is easy to forget. HDMI 1, HDMI 2 etc.

1 Message

May 1st, 2014 18:00

i have teh same problem!!

Dell supportm you need to attended our problems here... 

No Events found!