Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 1st, 2012 23:00

Dell Inspiron 1545 running Windows 8: BIOS question

About a year ago the battery on my laptop just stopped working. It had been charging and working just fine, and then all of a sudden in just quit working. I've dealt with it for the past year of always having to keep my laptop plugged in. Then today I was talking to someone who had a similar issue and he said that all he had to do was do a BIOS update. So I looked up the BIOS update, but it says nothing about being compatible with Windows 8 (I just upgraded to Windows 8), and I just wanted to make sure that I wont mess anything up if I download this new update. So does anyone know if the BIOS update for the Inspiron 1545 will work with Windows 8?

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

November 2nd, 2012 00:00

Hi KayleeBug13,

BIOS update is released basically for hardware to communicate properly with the software on the system. Dell has not tested Inspiron 1545 for Windows 8.Therefore you will not find Windows 8 drivers or Windows 8 BIOS update for Inspiron 1545.

I see that you have upgraded to Windows 8 you can go ahead update to latest BIOS as it should not create any problems for windows 8 operating system.

Please let me know if this helps.

4 Operator

• 

3.1K Posts

September 26th, 2013 00:00

HI agrawal bhavya,

Apologies about the experience. Please share the exact system model and the operating system installed on your computer.

I would suggest you to run the on-board Dell diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Please refer Run Built-In Diagnostics for Your System

You may also watch this video Diagnose Hardware Issues on Your Dell Computer 

Would also request you to elaborate on the issue. Apart from updating the BIOS, did you add any software or hardware on your computer?

September 26th, 2013 00:00

i have upgrade the bios but i don't know what happens the pc has got slow and is not functioning properly. actual i am fedup of my system and need help from dell but every time i call them they just make some sort of excuses. please check

No Events found!