Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2010 22:00

Dell Inspiron 1564 Overheating

Hi. I've had my Dell laptop for about 8 months now and in recent weeks, my laptop gets incredibly hot. The fan is still going so that's not the problem. Sometimes it gets so hot it has to switch itself off. I can't watch a video or anything without it freezing and even the most basic use (ie using it for Word) causes it to heat up to extremely hot temps.

I see many people with this problem, but no solutions. Come on Dell, come forward and admit your product is defective and come up with a solution. Naturally, I don't expect a reponse from Dell, as they have the worst customer service in the world. But hopefully someone else can help me out?

2 Posts

December 7th, 2010 01:00

Hi, RCC89 . I want to apologize for my english beforehand, but i hope you understand.

Introduction:

I'm happy to reply on your post. I've seen it some weeks ago, when was searching a solution to the same problem. I've bought my inspiron 1564 in June and have been seeking for solution during 1 month (overheating began on 4th month, so you're lucky in this situation=)) and didn't find. I like to reinstall OSes very much, so when my laptop started overheating, freezing and shouting terrible sound, i thought that i've lost some necessary power management driver. The temperature of Graphic Processor reached 100 *C (!!!!!) while gaming and vga-out was extremely hot. So the problem needed to be solved as soon as possible to avoid system damage. As you see, there is no solution in the web. Finally i took my courage and decided to disassemble my laptop but i was disappointed by lack of manual how to do it (there is no manual in the WHOLE web) - i think it's because of novelty of model so people affraid of loosing warranty.

Solution:

Finally, i took my courage again and disassembled laptop. This way i 've seen thick layer of dust beetween fan and radiator (I've been surprised with this fact, because i love purity and used my laptop carefully). So, i removed this dust, assembled computer back and now i'm happy to say that everything works just fine.

WARNING: take my advice and don't disassemble it yourself . that's not so easy to get to the cooler as in other laptops. i've done a photoreport of my inspiron 1564 disassembling and i'll send it on your email if you mail me to Just note your name and that u're from dell community in the message please (i'm dell consumer just like you, so it's not an ad or commercial, but free simple human help)

1 Message

December 8th, 2010 14:00

i am from the dell community and have the same problem of heating up. i came across your reply and cant tell u how much i appreciate it if you could mail me how to disassemble my laptop coz i need to see if thats what is causing all my problems.

<ADMIN NOTE: Email id removed per privacy policy>

December 12th, 2010 04:00

Hi Goreloff,

I have used my inspiron 1564 for 5 months and now I have the same problem with you. When playing game the temperature reaches 95 C  and few moment later, it crashes and shuts down automatically. The cooling fan is also extremely noisy. I will appreciate your help a lot if you can send me the photoreport of disassembling the laptop. Because I cant see you email address so I hope you can send it to me through this address: Email Id removed per privacy policy >

December 12th, 2010 12:00

I found a whole clear instruction of disassembling the Dell Inspiron1564 hear: http://netbooklists.com/dell-inspiron-1564-service-manual-pdf-download/

Hope this will help!

1 Message

May 13th, 2011 15:00

can YOU PLEASE HELP ME OUT. I WOULD BE FOREVER INDEBTED TO YOU. i cant manage to take apart my dell inspiron 1564. dell service manual sucks. email me at <ADMIN NOTE:Email id removed per privacy policy> or just reply ehre pleasee!

1 Message

May 17th, 2011 06:00

hey goreloff. I'm been having the same problem for almost a year now. I bought several cooling pads, but to no avail. Is there any way you could email me how to disassemble this to see if I also have a dust problem? 

THANKS!

2 Posts

June 4th, 2011 07:00

Hi Goreloff,i have the same problem with my dell 1564 laptop,i will be happy to  send me your photo solution,to take back my temps in normal.My email adress is <ADMIN NOTE:Email id removed per privacy policy>

297 Posts

June 4th, 2011 07:00

The service manual can be found here. Can be viewed on-line or downloaded.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

2 Posts

June 4th, 2011 15:00

thank's for the help :)

1 Message

June 25th, 2011 03:00

hello Gereloff,

I am facing the same overheating problem with my inspiron 1564. It would be very helpful if you could sent me the photo report , my email id is <ADMIN NOTE:Email id removed per privacy policy>

2 Posts

June 28th, 2011 10:00

If you can send me those pictures that would be great!  I usually work on Desktops and Servers but never took apart my laptop and this thing is getting too hot to handle.  Dell has no anwser for it...

Thank You,

arom2445

7 Posts

June 30th, 2011 18:00

Can you please send me a copy as well to?

I have having the same issue with my laptop

2 Posts

June 30th, 2011 18:00

go to this service manual, it tells you how to take everything off step by step.  the hardest part is the keyboard pad around it.  it snaps into place, i broke some tabs.  so caution be careful 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

If your laptop is getting hot you will see that the Radiator to the left side will have dust and lint. remove that and clean out your fan.  This helped my laptop and it is not longer getting too hot.

7 Posts

June 30th, 2011 19:00

Alright, thanks!

August 18th, 2011 02:00

How did you get to the radiator?just undo the base screws?  I don't need to replace the fan, just clean out dust and probably cat hair as the cat sits that side. This was an easy lob on my old 1300.

No Events found!