Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2016 20:00

Dell Inspiron 3521 wont start

Hi,

My Dell Inspiron 3521 wont start. Nothing. It is dead. No display, no beeps, no fan.. nothing!! The only sign of life is that the white LED power indicator which is on after I press the power button. But on pressing the power button again, it doesn't go off. It goes off only if I remove the battery.

What could possibly have gone wrong? It is extremely frustrating and I feel so helpless.  Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Arun

2 Intern

• 

1.2K Posts

February 11th, 2016 03:00

Hi arunpkrishnan,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Have you tried the adapter and battery on another system?

Also, when the adapter has been connected to the system, does the light on the adapter stays on?

Can you connect the system to external monitor to check if you get any display on it?

Please private message us the service tag of the system in discussion.

Kindest Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

February 11th, 2016 04:00

Hi Akshatha, Thanks so  much for your response. I have tried all the tricks you have suggested already. I did check the adapter, tried the adapter on another system, tried anther adapter, tried connecting another monitor. The light on the adapter is on while it is connected to the computer. I have PMed you the service tag of my system.

Thanks and best regards,

Arun P Krishnan

February 11th, 2016 05:00

Hi Akshatha,

Thanks so  much for your quick response. I've messaged you the service tag of my system.

I have already tried everything you mentioned and nothing seems to work.

To answer to your question: when the adapter has been connected to the system, does the light on the adapter stays on? - Yes

Hope we can understand how this can be handled and fixed.

Thanks and best regards,

Arun P Krishnan

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 11th, 2016 07:00

Unplug the system, remove the battery and hold the power button for 30 sec.  Remove the base cover and memory modules - reinstall them.  Try powering up on AC only (no battery).  If the system will power up but won't with the battery installed, the battery is faulty and will need to be replaced.

If the system still won't power up, it's the mainboard that's faulty - if you're in warranty, call Dell and they'll replace the board.  If you're out of warranty, you may be better off replacing the system than you would paying for a  board replacement (figure on about $300 or more for a board replacement - probably not worth it on a model this low-end).

No Events found!