Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 14th, 2013 09:00

Dell Inspiron 5537 startup and shutting down problem

Hi all 

I bought my dell a few months ago and it booted and shut down normally until recently it when I tried to turn it just showed a black screen after showing the dell logo. When I want to shut it down normally after using it it said I have a programn which stopped be from shuting. It it not say which programm it was and when I clicked the shut down anyway button a few seconds later it turned into a black screen while everything is running...the power battery wifi lights are all on. 

Can somebody help me resolve this problem?

1 Message

February 13th, 2014 13:00

I had the exact problem. It should be noted by Dell that our issue only started for me, after the A06 BIOS update. I'm not sure whether you have found a solution, since this thread is 3 months old, but I have a solution. I spent several hours with Dell support, and the situation was not corrected. I turned to Microsoft community and the steps in the following link, worked like a charm:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-hardware/dell-inspiron-15-running-windos-81-not-shutting/0581ddab-57f1-4a03-ba89-ebdcc8d0897f

Hope this help you and any others!

No Events found!