Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 17th, 2013 03:00

Dell Intelligent Display AND Dell extended battery life

Sameer, I'm getting the same screen here. Can't figure out how to stop the automatic display dimming.

I'm sending my laptop back tomorrow - shouldn't have to go through so much faff to get a three-day old laptop working properly.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

April 16th, 2015 15:00

I locked the original thread due to its age. Replies to older threads are often missed and I suggest creating a new thread and add a link to the older thread that way your post will be noticed and you can get help.

If the directions in the original thread didn't help try any of the following.

The LCD may be dimming due to a ambient light sensor. Try pressing FN and the right arrow key, it may be able to turn the light sensor off,  you can also try pressing FN and the up and down arrow key to adjust brightness.

You can press the Windows key and X together to bring up Windows Mobility and use the slider there under Brightness

You can also access services, and disable the Adaptive Brightness Service.  Click Start  and then run, and type in services.msc.  Once in services look for Adaptive Brightness Service and disable it.

In Windows 8  do a search for services.msc  and look for the Sensor Monitoring Service and choose to disable it.

You can search for power options and adjust power settings to fit your needs.  Here is a document from Microsoft that may help if you aren't familiar with power settings.

I know that this can be frustrating, and I hope that this has helped if you haven't returned your notebook.

TB

No Events found!