Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

A

2 Posts

September 10th, 2007 08:00

Dell Latitude D510 - Battery LED Orange & Green Blinking

I have a Dell Latitude D510 which I bought in April 2006. I usually work on battery till it gets low and then plug in the AC adapter. About a week ago, while I was working, the battery power went low. So I plugged in the AC charger. Since then, the battery LED blinks orange for 4 times (maybe 3) and then the same LED blinks in green and this continues, whether or not I have the AC charger plugged in. There is no problem with the battery charging itself, as the battery gives me little over an hour of backup, which I used to get even before this problem. But this constant blinking of 4 orange - 1 green LED is getting irritating now.

I have checked the battery indicator that is located on the battery. When it is pressed, the 1st, 3rd and 5th LED blink 3 times, in parallel, and the indicator goes off then.

I have tried the Dell Diagnostics, and all the tests turn out to be fine. I too the battery out, and then reinserted it about an hour later, but to no use. I will appreciate if someone can guide me to what is the problem and how to fix it.

The battery details are :
Type : C1295
Capacity : 53WH
Rating : 11.1V - 4700mAH
Serial : JP-0Y1338-42016-63Q-0593
Rev : A02

Message Edited by akbarmunir on 09-10-2007 04:51 AM

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

September 10th, 2007 09:00

One or more of the cells in the battery has been damaged.

1 Rookie

• 

3.9K Posts

September 10th, 2007 13:00

Yepper you got one DEAD DEAD DEAD battery.

You can get a replacement here:

or here

or just search google like I did.  :smileyvery-happy:

September 11th, 2007 07:00

Thanks for the replies. The battery is still giving me about one hour or a bit more of up time. If the battery is dead, can it still work to that extent?

1 Rookie

• 

3.9K Posts

September 11th, 2007 13:00

OK, correction FAILING.  Personally, every battery I'd dealt with with that indication didn't function at all.

January 12th, 2008 18:00

I just recently started having this problem too. Is it safe to use the battery in this condition?

1 Message

February 6th, 2008 23:00

I have had this issue a few times, when the battery gets very low. All I do, is to remove the power and then remove the battery. Leave it out for a minute and pop it back in. Add the power connector and it charges just fine.  We have several of these machines in my department and mine is the only one that does this. It has been having this issue for a year, with no other issues.

D

No Events found!