Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2015 17:00

Dell Latitude D830 Windows 7 Sleep Problem

I have recently acquired a Dell Latitude D830 laptop and have replaced the HDD with an 120GB SSD. I had an extra 2GB DDR2 module so i bumped up the ram from 2GB to 3GB. The laptop runs great and is quite fast considering its age. I've installed Windows 7 32-bit (I know I can use 64-bit but for whatever reason 32-bit runs faster) and am running on stock BIOS setting expect for AHCI mode. I used the vista drivers and they seem to work fine under Windows 7. The only issue is when the laptop goes to sleep. When I close the lid or use the power button, everything is fine, but when I attempt to wake the laptop, I hear the optical drive and see the power light change, but there is no video or sonund. The keyboard or touchpad will not wake the laptop and I am forced to hard reset the laptop. I then get the message that the Windows did not shut down properly. Once I start windows normally, everything is fine. I have tried all 3 power options (high performance, balanced, and power saver) but I cannot seem to fix this problem. How can I get the laptop to resume from sleep properly?

Specs:

Latitude D830

Core 2 Duo T7100 @ 1.80 GHz

3GB Ram (Passed Memtest 86 with no errors)

OCZ ARC 100 SSD 120GB

Nvidia Quadro NVS 135M

Windows 7 32-bit (Clean install with driver and updates)

Windows Vista 32-bit drivers from Dell's website

Any help is appreciated, Thanks in advance!

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 26th, 2015 21:00

Hi jakarate11,

I would suggest you to reinstall the Video card driver on the system to fix the issue with the sleep mode.

Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the video card driver from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know if this helps.

2 Posts

May 29th, 2015 01:00

Reinstalling the video drivers made no difference.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 1st, 2015 17:00

Hi jakarate11,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below and click on ‘Get drivers and downloads’ select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the video card driver from Dell website as these drivers are tested on the Dell system. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the video card.

1. Click on Start button.

2. In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.

3. Select the Display adapters listed and right click on it.

4. Now select properties.

5. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Uninstall button.

6. Check “Delete the driver software for this device.”

7. You want to delete the driver click OK.

After the uninstall finishes restart the system. After the uninstall finishes restart the system. Then reinstall the NVidia card driver on the system for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link above, select the operating system, and then download Video card drivers listed from Video section onto the system and install it.

No Events found!