Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 14th, 2013 16:00

Dell Latitude E6400 Windows 7 Access Problem

Dear Members,

I have the following problem: I set up an Administrator Account with password security and then add a Dell Security with fingerpint security. Now, I cannot access the Windows. The problem is the TPM cannot be connected or something like that. The scan says it accepts the scanned finger, and password is also Ok. PLease help me how can I solve this problem? How can I disable secure access or reset password, disable fingerprint control, etc. In BIOS I do not find any possiblity to disable fingerpint but TPM activation/deactivation is there.

Thank you very much for your kind help.

Sincerely

Andras

3.8K Posts

March 15th, 2013 06:00

Hi Andras,

Welcome to the Community. You can disable it in the Bios. Boot to Bios, move down security. Once the TPM check box is enabled, you will get an option to Deactivate, Activate and Clear.

Thank you.

14 Posts

March 15th, 2013 10:00

Hello, thank you for your answer. I tried it and it still does not work. It says, TPM is a problem or fingerprint cannot be found in the database. In BIOS, I cannot disable dell security login. I do not know what to do. Shall I reinstall the whole Win 7?

Thank you for your help.

András 

3.8K Posts

March 18th, 2013 10:00

Hi Andras,

In the Bios under TPM security, is it enabled, ( Check Box ) and are you able to Clear the password? This will clear all the passwords. Try loading defaults as well.

Thank you.

14 Posts

March 18th, 2013 13:00

Hi,

thank you very much. Unfortunately, it does not work, too. I activated several times TPM and cleared too, but I have to access in any cases in Win 7. So, I could not diable secure login.

Any idea? Thank you very much!

András

3.8K Posts

March 25th, 2013 11:00

Hi Andras,

I have sent you a friend request, reply back with the information requested.

Thank you.

No Events found!