Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 11th, 2017 17:00

Dell Latitude E6430 (Refurbished) won't turn on.

My laptop will not turn on, the power button and the Caps Lock button blinks on for less than a second, and turns back on. This occurred after (on Windows 10) the computer went to sleep on the lock screen, and I had pressed the power button. The laptop will now not turn on, and will only flash the caps lock and power button. I had just bought this laptop yesterday, and did not install more than about 5 programs. 

4 Operator

• 

9.4K Posts

December 12th, 2017 04:00

Hi nova691,

Thanks for posting.

Apologies that your system is not working as expected.

From your description, the blinking you described could indicate a couple of things.  My research shows to check the memory sticks by removing them and reinserting them.  If that doesn't work, then it is possible the motherboard has failed.

If you have warranty on the system, you may wish to contact Tech Support for further troubleshooting and diagnostics testing.  If not, you could contact Dell's Out of Warranty department or a local computer repair shop.  You can contact Tech Support at 1-800-624-9896  or 1-800-288-4410, or you can initiate a chat session http://dell.to/2v4snVm

No Events found!