Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2009 17:00

Dell Latitude e6400 new audio problem

So the e6400 has had many people frustrated with poor, or broken audio. However, I'm experiencing different problems than what I've seen reported, and none of the fixes I've found have worked.

The only audio that is messed up for me is audio from certain games. The two games I have on my computer that i have problems with are Portal and Stepmania. in both of these the audio is severely crackly and laggy. However, I have Jets 'n Guns where I experience no audio problems whatsoever. All audio outside of games works fine, music, movies, online content, it all works, and its the same through my laptop speakers and headphones.

My laptop is running XP SP3, 2.66 ghz dual core, 4 gigs of ram. I don't really know what I have for audio.

Please tell me if there's any more information you need to help, thank you.

EDIT: Just a quick update, system sounds like the beep when you change volume are also not playing correctly. I don't know what this means.

2 Posts

August 3rd, 2009 15:00

I'd Like to emphasize that I've already searched these forums and others, and tried every fix offered. I've updated the Matrix storage drivers and got the latest version of the matrix storage manager.

I've tried running with minimal system loads, I've tried with and without AC power, but I still can't find a fix.

Please help.

No Events found!