Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 6th, 2012 05:00

Dell Malaysia Tech Support & Warranty

My laptop doesn't have a service tag and the support ib Thailand and Malaysia has been pathetic. Its the second Dell computer that has crashed and tech support cannot cannot verify if its covered under warranty. Can't they check this against my delivery address as i don't have the reciept or service tag? The Inspiron N5010 they sold me didn't include a service tag so they refuse to fix it. This is the second laptop i have purchased from them and they fail to honor their agreement to fix the laptop while its under warranty as they didn't include a service tag at the time of purchase. I do NOT have a service tag. The machine did NOT include a service tag when it was delivered. My invoice is copied on my laptop which cannot be turned on. DELL have informed me via email that you can find the service tag via my name and address search which you have failed to do. It is clear to me after more than 20 phone conversations spanning 3 days and 3 countries that you do not want to help me by tracing the service tag using my name and address. I remind you that i travelled for several hours to your Phuket store where your agents told me my laptop doesn't have a service tag attached underneath the computer. They could have connected the machine to an external monitor to boot the system into BIOS and retrieved the service tag. They didn't do this or suggest it even though i told them a copy of the invoice was stored on the hard drive.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 6th, 2012 06:00

Hi braddalton,

If the computer was bought from a retail store, I’d suggest you contact them for the service tag details.

If the computer was purchased from anyone of the following sources mentioned below, we may be able to find the service tag of the system.

1. Dell website
  2. Dell sales phone support
  3. Dell store

Please provide us with the following details which you may have provided while purchasing the system through any of the Dell sources above. I have added you as my friend, so please private message me the below details. I will check if your computer is in warranty and assist you further.

1. First Name
  2. Last Name
  3. Phone number
  4. Email Address
  5. Billing & shipping address

34 Posts

September 6th, 2012 07:00

I bought the Dell laptop online after chatting with a sales rep from Malaysia. The deal included 3 years extended on site warranty which is why i bought it from him. He took the order and sent me an invoice. The laptop was supposed to include a graphics card but this also wasn't included as i found out after delivery.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

September 6th, 2012 11:00

"My laptop doesn't have a service tag"  Even if the Inspiron 15R (N5010) Tag has rubbed off it will show the Tag in the F2 = Setup menu.

Contents: Dell Inspiron N5010/M5010 - Documentation

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/insM5010/en/index.htm

Regulatory Model: P10F series
Regulatory Type: P10F001; P10F002

Laptops not purchased directly from Dell must be registered.

The SERIAL Number is the same Number as the Service Tag.  Should also be on your Receipt for the product.

Dell Product Registration

Dell - International Notebook Warranty Contact Information

Malaysia  Malaysia|Malaysia
1-800-88-0193
Monday - Friday
9AM to 9PM Local Time
Saturday
10AM to 4PM Local Time

No Events found!