Highlighted
bambang
Bronze

Dell N4110 with AMD RADEON HD 6630M GPU problem

Jump to solution

dear all,

i have new Inspiron N4110 with 2 graphic card inside (Intel hd 3000 and AMD Radeon HD 6630M). but after i install windows and the driver, i found a problem with those 2 card.

on CCC (Catalyst Control Center) application, its only detect Intel GPU, It doesn't detect the AMD Radeon HD 6630M. So does on DXDIAG display adapter. Even when i change into High-Performance GPU setting on CCC, its still the same (only detect Intel GPU on CCC and DXDIAG)

I fell it was a problem cause on my friend's laptop with 2 graphic card (Intel and AMD HD 5650), CCC and DXDIAG display different with mine.

1.  when its set to Power-Saving GPU (setting on CCC), It will be Intel on DXDIAG display adapter and on CCC there only Intel graphic option available.

2. and then when its set to High-Performance GPU, its become AMD Radeon HD 5650 on DXDIAG display adapter and there was "2 graphic card" listed on CCC (intel and AMD Radeon HD 5650M)

My question is

why does my CCC doesn't work the same way with my friends laptop?

why does on my Ins N4110 doesn't detect AMD Radeon HD 6630M on DXDIAG and detect 2 graphic card on CCC (its still only intel graphic option that available) when i set it to High-Performance GPU?

any hellpfull answer plis?

this is my Ins N4110 :

Ins N4110 i5-2410M , 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1GB, 600GB HDD.

0 Kudos
22 Replies
bambang
Bronze

Re: Dell N4110 with AMD RADEON HD 6630M GPU problem

Jump to solution

pliss help me TT.....

0 Kudos
ejn63
Diamond

Jump to solution

Did you install drivers in the correct order?

support.dell.com/.../detectos

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

When you right click on the Catalyst Control Center system tray icon what options do you have to click on?

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
bambang
Bronze

Jump to solution

@ejn63----->i receive my laptop include with OS, and then the technician in my Dell Store install windows 7 32-bit and the driver already. but when i use it for the first time, i figgure that my Video Adapter doesn't work correctly cause my catalyst control center didn't show the AMD Radeon HD 6630M...its only detect Intel GPU. Meanwhile, when i check on Device Manager, the AMD Radeon HD 6630M already exist on Display Adapter Device...

@DELL-Terry B------>When i click on Catalyst Control Center system tray icon, there is a lot option, and an option that shows my Display Card list. On the list there was only shows Intel graphic card option. Even i change into High performance its still only shows Intel graphic on the list

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Then I think ejn32 is on the right track if you manually installed Windows on the system it is likely that all the drivers was not installed, or installed in the right order.  The question I have is why install the 32 bit version of Windows 7? With the memory of the video card and your system memory you are likely reducing the functionally of the system by doing so.  You may wish to reconsider installing the 64 bit version.

If you need more info for reinstalling Windows here is the link to the document that enj63 mentioned.

support.dell.com/.../document

These are the order the drivers should be installed.

Desktop System Software (DSS) or Notebook System Software (NSS) - A vital utility that provides critical updates and patches for the operating system. If you are reinstalling the operating system or updating all the computer’s drivers, it is imperative that this software be installed first. Currently, the DSS and NSS are not required for systems with Windows Vista installed. This is located under the System and Configuration Utilities Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Chipset - Helps Windows control system board components and controllers. This is located under the Chipset Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Video Adapter - Enhances video performance. This is located under the Video Adapter Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Network Interface Card (NIC) - Enhances the network controller for Internet or network access. This is located under the Network Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Audio Adapter - Enables and enhances the audio controller. This is located under the Audio Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Modem - Allows dialup capability. This is located under the Communication Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Wireless Network Card - Enables and enhances the wireless network controller. This is located under the Network Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Touchpad, Pointer, Trackstick, Mice, and Keyboards - Enhances the pointing device features. This is located under the Mouse & Keyboards Category on the Drivers and Downloads page.

Other Devices  

Bluetooth® Module

Dell Wireless Mobile Broadband Cards .

PCMCIA/Smartcard controller

TB

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
bambang
Bronze

Jump to solution

Sorry if to late, this is the picture on CCC system tray icon :

As u can see, there was only 1 graphic card that on my CCC list, Intel Mobile(R) HD Graphics.

And i use TuneUp Utilities to check my Graphic Card information, its shows like bellow :

On the Device Information that i've zoom in, Chipset shows "Unknown" only. Is that what my really main problem here?

For the driver, i've dowloaded all driver sofware for my Laptop series from Dell Support. On the Filter Option---->Operating System, there was only shows "BIOS" and "Wndows 7 64-Bit". Does that mean Windows 7 32-Bit not compatible for my laptop series? Is there any difference beetwen 64-it driver and 32-bit driver?

Anyway thanks for advice, maybe i'll try to reinstall my windows in to 64 Bit Windows 7. and i'll tell u if my problem have fixed or not, so pliss keep follow this discussion. Sorry if my english bad.

0 Kudos
bambang
Bronze

Jump to solution

Dear Terry B, thanks to u for keep following my discussion.

I've configured out now that there was 1 device that do not installed correctly.On the device manager, there was 1 device that marked with "?", and its show "unknown device". here is some picture of it.

And the poperties of the device is bellow :

What device categories is that?is that effect to my Graphic Card AMD Radeon HD 6630 as well?

What driver should i use to reinstall the device?is it Notebook System Software (NSS), Chipset, Video Adapter, or else?

thanks before, and pliss help me for this troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
KH Chuah
Copper

Jump to solution

My N4110 is on 64bit and i have the same issue as Bambang. What is the actual problem here? This has limited the chances of me utilizing the AMD radeon 6630M display that i have.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Bambang

From the looks the unidentified device is an Intel device and unlikely the video adapter.  What devices are shown under display?

Bambang and KH Chuah

The way switchable graphics works is only one video card will be active at a time. When you bring up the right click on the CCC system tray icon click on Switchable graphics and what options do you have there?

TB

#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos