Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 5th, 2009 15:00

Dell Studio 1735, ATIKMDAG has stopped responding but was successfully recovered, Desperate help

Hello I have a second monitor, I had call customer support to find out if mi dell 1735 would work fine with a second monitor, they told me that there is not problem, that should work, now I am getting very often an error saying, “ATIKMDAG has stopped responding but was successfully recovered” sometimes just the screen blinks and them continues normally, but in others cases its blinks showing this error like five times, shows a blue screen and forces to restart the computer, messing up the programs that were on, like IE after this blue screen start to crash. This error even happens when the second screen is off, my system has a 3650 ATI card, 3gb ram, 2.00 hgz Intel core 2 duo processor, from Dell support they change the mother board, help me to install the new driver but still I have this problem.

So if anyone has a solution for this it will be appreciated.

I am really tired of this computer as is giving me problems since I turn it on the first time, let me show you how.

When I turn it on, the Crlt key was sticky, one of the headphones hacks just play sound in one side, and the wireless card made interference in the audio making a sound every minute and its connection was up to 11 MB (I have a 4 MB connection).

To fix this, Dell send me a keyboard, the audio jacks and a wireless replacement, all the problems were fix except the wireless, which they replace it again, replace the mother board twice as the firs replacement was defective, format the computer 4 times, with the CDs, with the restore partition, until after 2 months of calling support a dell assistant sent me the right driver witch fix the problem.

Them the multimedia buttons start to blink and stop working, they change them.

Then I got the video problem I report on this forum, they change the mother board, again, the problem keeps showing, on the motherboard replacement they break the keyboard and them the computers start to sound like a 100 us computer bought in china, just making a little press over the palm rest make it sounds like a old house with the wind.

Today the change the palm rest, with one that hasn’t the design I paid for, and the bottom plastic part, if I don’t bring the attention to the technicians, that he wasn’t giving me back the vista license sticker I would lost it, he try to take it out with his finger nails breaking the edges, so I have to take it myself with a sharp instrument to prevent its damage.

I wonder if there is any other person with so many troubles with this computer or is just me, because I am in Latin America and is true that they send the worst quality things here, because I think if I were in the us, they should have at least replace the computer all ready.

3.6K Posts

May 5th, 2009 17:00

Open up search on Vista and look for System Configuration . Run it.

Select the Boot tab and then click on Advanced Options...

Click the number of processors so the tick box is highlighted and set your processor number to whatever is on your system ( dual core so  select 2).

Click the Maximum memory check box, only this time, reduce the max memory by 1 or 2 megs. Click OK.

On the system tab, uncheck the ATI External Event Untility - you can try leaving it checked if you want.

Click O.K., Return to your desktop.

Now.... go to the control panel and open up the display properties. Disable the transparency on your windows, ok this and then reboot your PC.

No Events found!