Hi all. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem with their laptops, primarily the Vostro 3550. It seems my keyboard is very jacked up. Whenever I try to type, the location will randomly jump from one spot to the next. For instance, say I'm typing the following, "I will be typing a sentence and it will jump all the back to the beginning." While typing, the mouse will jump to random spots like in between TY PING. Sometime it will erase part of the sentence, sometimes the whole sentence. This gets very annoying when 99% of the time I can not write a full sentence without it screwing up. I tried contacting Dell but since I got the laptop as a gift from my sister's ex, they won't talk to me since the warranty isn't under my name. So anyways, if anyone has had a similar problem, please post how you fixed it. I personally think I may need a whole new keyboard.
I am running the stock OS, Windows 7
Please follow the below mentioned steps to uninstall and reinstall the touchpad drivers:
1) Click “Start”, type “Device Manager” and press enter.
2) In the “Device Manager” window, double click “Mouse and other pointing devices”.
3) Right click "Dell Touchpad", click "Uninstall", and ensure to check the box “Delete driver software for this device”.
4) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
5) Restart the computer.
6) Use the following link to download the Touchpad driver: http://dell.to/12DsLHB
7) Select Download file.
8) Once the download is completed, run the driver file.
9) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
10) Restart the computer.
Check the functionality of the keyboard, and touchpad.
Kindly post the results.
Thanks & Regards,
To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US Customers; India Customers. For Dell Support videos click Here.