Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 27th, 2014 14:00

Dell XPS 13 Restore to Factory Settings

I have a Dell XPS 13 (L322X) that came pre-installed with Windows 8 Pro. I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro through the app store, however I have decided I would like to go back to Windows 8 Pro.

I have tried the remove everything and reinstall Windows option, however it prompts me to insert media stating that "some files are missing. Your Windows installation or recovery media will provide these files." My system did not come with any recovery media and I did not make any recovery media DVDs or thumb drives.

Is there any way I can restore the system to factory settings? I have read that the recovery partition contains an image that can be used to restore the system, but i am unfamiliar with this method. Also, I have obtained a copy of the "Windows 8 Recovery Media for Windows 8 Products" DVD but am unsure if this is the correct disc for my system. My system has 64-bit Windows installed and the disc is also 64-bit, however I am not sure how to determine if this is the exact disc needed for my system.  Any advice or insight is very much appreciated!

3 Posts

August 31st, 2014 02:00

Hello,

Dell does not insist enough, I think, that every user should create his recovery USB. The XPS 13 does not have a DVD player so it has to be a USB recovery media that we have to use to restore the computer. I think that if you didn't create one, you can buy at Dell support so that you can repair/restore your ultrabook.

No Events found!