Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2015 11:00

Dell XPS 9530 icon and dialog box display problems

I have been having persistent display problems with my new Dell XPS 9530 problems that are making me loose all my faith in dell and dell customer support.

I am running a factory installed Windows 8.1 installation and the maximum resolution of 3840*2160.

When I start my laptop, a number of applications including eclipse, notepad2, remote desktop connection and a few others, have display formatting issues. The icons are extremely small and illegible, the dialog boxes not well formatted and the text also has minor issues. Remote desktop connection is so small (resolution way too high) that it cannot be used.

I have ruled out a hardware issue because I did find a work around to get the applications to display correctly on the XPS. If I connect the laptop to an external monitor, restart the computer with the monitor connected and then remove the monitor once windows starts the applications display correctly on the laptop. Clearly this workaround is not practical. Can anyone please shed any light on the issue?

Driver versions:

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 version number 10.18.10.3574
NVidia GeForce GT 750M version number 10.18.13.5900

Mike

3 Posts

February 19th, 2016 08:00

I too have found that using Windows 10 that Remote Desktop is unusable with the XPS 9530. Dialog boxes on the remote desktop are unusable and cannot open file explorer by double clicking an icon. Too bad since I love the screen, but the display issues with this laptop are still a serious issue

No Events found!