Here are the two items that are not recognized in Device Manager
1. Network Controller (I am not sure what kind of wireless card I have)
2. Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus
Everything else work except for wireless. It would be great if someone can show me the right driver to use.
These are the details of the wireless card
IC - 1514B-3945ABG
DELL P/N: 0NC293
Before I posted on the forum I tried installing several wireless drivers without installing the Dell Notebook System Software. Then I installed the Notebook software and tried few drivers again, nothing worked. Please guide me to the right driver.
Go back and reinstall Windows (minimum SP2).
Then install the Dell notebook system software.
Then install the chipset driver.
THEN install the network driver:
IS this a good order to install windows?
1. Reinstall Windows XP SP3
2. Install Dell Notebook System Software
3. Install Chipset Drivers
4. Intel 945GM Video Drivers
5. Broadcom 10/100 LAN Drivers
6. Wireless Drivers
7. Sigmatel Audio Drivers
8 Synaptics TouchPAD Driver