Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 4th, 2013 10:00

Does my Dell XPS L501X Laptop have bluetooth

Maybe a bit of a stupig question since I'm using the laptop for years now. But today a bluetooth speaker adapter arrived. I figured I had bluetooth on my laptop, but don't really remember for sure. One thing is sure, it's not quite working now.

Does anyone happen to know if the Dell XPS L501X has standard bluetooth capability?  Or how I could check for myself?

I did go in the BIOS where it said that bluetooth is enabled, but I don't really know if that means anything. Besides that, I can't find any mention of bluetooth adapters anywhere. I did check the specs of the laptop and there I found it should have bluetooth 3.0. But on another forum I read about someone who said he didn't have bluetooth on the same laptop. I'm getting somewhat confused by now, so I hope some brilliant mind here could help me out.

Thanks in advance!

1.3K Posts

April 4th, 2013 10:00

Hi Kendis,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

The Dell XPS L501X you purchased would have hardware components configured as per your requirements so in case you opted for the bluetooth option at the time of purchase, the same would be available on your system.

Please check your System Invoice for further details. You can also check your system's original configuration by entering your System Service Tag on the Dell Drivers & Downloads Homepage on our Support Website.

Click on the link below for relevant bluetooth drivers for your Dell laptop. The Bluetooth drivers are listed under the Network sub-category.

http://dell.to/Th3CHZ

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

April 9th, 2013 14:00

Hi Kendis,

Thank you for your reply.

I am glad that your query regarding bluetooth has been answered.

Let me know if any further help is needed.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

1.3K Posts

Hi,

Unfortunately, we have not received feedback from you on this topic. Please respond to my post if you need continued support.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

2 Posts

Hi,

Thank you for your quick respons. I don't quite remember the original specs. I was wondering if bluetooth was optional or standard and now understand it's optional. I just assume I didn't opt in, can't find anything mentioning bluetooth under the configuration either.

Thanks for the support!

Regards,

Kendis

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Kdendis,

If you run Finding System Information REMOVE YOUR PRODUCT ID and REGISTERED OWNER and post the information back here, we can look under network adapter and see if you have Bluetooth or not.

Rick

No Events found!