Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 13th, 2012 23:00

During Start Up screen went blank and continuous beep sound.

After using my laptop for 1 year this the 1st time when i start up my computer the screen when blank and a continuous beep sound come out , what should i do?

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

September 16th, 2012 01:00

Hi AustinT power,

If you are comfortable, then you can reseat the memory on the computer.

I have provided a link below for manuals to reseat the memory on the computer:

support.dell.com/.../manuals

Select the System model accordingly and click on Get manual.

Please reply if you have any questions.

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

September 14th, 2012 00:00

Hi AustinT power,

Continuous beeps indicate that it is a hardware failure on the computer.

Please let me know the system model so that I can provide a better solution.

I recommend running diagnostics on the computer (restart the computer by holding the FN and the power button).

Awaiting a response!

September 14th, 2012 10:00

i  double check on the others forum and found out that my laptop is giving out 4 beep which is unable to read the ram

, Inspiron core i7 ram4giga + add on2giga of ram windows 7. After bringing my laptop around it works as usual again no more beep sound during start up but I am afraid it might happen again since the ram might have loosen connection . what should i do?

September 16th, 2012 01:00

Which OS is installed on your Dell Notebook? Aslo try to start your machine in safe mode by continuously pressing the F8 key while you on your machine.

Revert me at this email  

"Do let me know about your results"

Regards

Danish Mehraj

1 Message

July 4th, 2013 08:00

Hi I m sharvari from India.

I have the same problem. whenever i start the laptop, a blank screen appears with a continuous beep.

My system model is Inspiron 15R N5110.

Please tell me some solution as soon as possible.

Please reply on my mail-id i.e. sharvari_pai@yahoo.com

1.3K Posts

July 17th, 2013 02:00

Hi sharvari,

Do you hear the beeps in any particular pattern? Kindly Remove the Battery, the AC Adapter and any other devices connected to the system. Press and hold the power button continuously for 30 seconds to release the Flea Power and then try to switch on the system with the battery and adapter connected.

Also try reseating the RAM if the issue persists. Follow the instructions mentioned in the below link.

ftp.dell.com/.../latitude-e5400_Service%20Manual_en-us.pdf

3 Posts

December 7th, 2013 14:00

Hi,

I have probably the same problem. I  have a brand new XPS 15, i7, 512 SSD, 8Gb RAM (Sn. Service tag removed per privacy policy>). Few days old; have hardly used the machine. Now at start-up, the screen remains blank, and a loud beep-beep-beep for ever. One time I managed to get through with pressing and holding the On button: then machine works normally. Now that trick doesn't work anymore either. Completely stuck. Two questions:

(i) What the reason? (ii) What's the permanent solution?

Thanks

Ludo

No Events found!