Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 4th, 2012 11:00

E4310 backlit / illuminated Keyboard stopped working after...

being removed & installed.  There were was no hardware or software change; I just simply removed the keyboard then re-installed it.

It then no longer lit up...?

After assuming it was the physical keyboard, I removed a working one off another E4310 and tested it on mine but still, no lighting.

I then re-installed the working keyboard back on the 2nd E4310 and guess what, no lighting.

So now both E4310s have non-working backlit keyboards.... :/

Has anyone had this issue and figured it out?

BTW, I have uninstalled system manager and re-installed, double checked the bios, and changed settings via "FN+right arrow" but none have helped me with either machine/keyboard.

133 Posts

August 4th, 2012 13:00

I would recheck all the steps taken in removing the keyboard. I'm not familiar with E4310. Does it have a separate ribbon or flexiprint for the illumination ? If so is that connected correctly.

I wouldn't alter any software configurations as removing a keyboard can't possibly have altered anything,

Did you make sure power was off and battery removed before working on the PC ?

I suspect the solution to this will be very simple and be physical in nature.

4 Posts

August 4th, 2012 19:00

Hi Mooly01!

Thanks and yes, I have rechecked several times ensuring I have not missed anything.

But honestly, there are 5 screws (1 behind the battery so it needs to be off) and thats all (no ribbon cable).

The keyboard has the connection built in - it fits the female connector under the track pad.

Thanks again & I'll keep searching online and update if I locate anything.

3 Posts

November 17th, 2012 01:00

Try Fn+ right arrow to enable/disable the backlight.

4 Posts

November 18th, 2012 13:00

RADAV -

I have done tried that several times; I am to the point were I believe I somehow damaged the keyboard after removal.

Thanks anyhow!

2.4K Posts

November 18th, 2012 14:00

I was unable to access the service manual, something wrong with the website. But if it is like my M11xR2 there is a separate small ribbon cord that needs to be attached.

No Events found!