Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2013 00:00

Hard Drive error

Assalam-u-alikum!   Professional Guys please help me on this error. I am unable to start windows and system cannot instaal windows due to no space available when I ran Diagnostic its says the following error :

Error Code 2000-0142

Validation 98852

Msg : Hard drive 0 - S/N WXV1C52D5908, short test unsuccessful

Please Contact Techniqal Support.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

July 15th, 2013 00:00

That means the hard drive has failed.

You must replace the hard drive and then manually install Windows.

If you have any warranty left, phone Dell Technical Support and have them replace the hard drive.

Note: State your Model of Dell and Version of Windows if you need more assistance.

7 Posts

July 15th, 2013 01:00

I have Dell Inspiron 5520  ( ) .  How hard drive has failed ? can it be repared or I have to bought new one.

Yes I have warranty left.

7 Posts

July 15th, 2013 01:00

I have Dell Inspiron 5520  ( ) .  How hard drive has failed ? can it be repared or I have to bought new one.

Yes I have warranty left.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

July 15th, 2013 06:00

Its a common part to fail as it has mechanical parts. Call Dell Technical Support for your region and have them replace the drive.

Before doing so follow Windows Reinstallation Guide / Data Recovery of the Hard Drive Using Fedora or Ubuntu.

http://www.dell.com/support/contents/pk/en/pkdhs1/category/Contact-Information/Technical-Support

From that Service Tag's Original Configuration it seems the system was shipped with Ubuntu so Dell won't assist with installation of Windows.

The Windows Reinstallation Guide / A Clean install of Windows 7 will guide you through the installation process however. Did you purchase Windows separate from your system?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 15th, 2013 06:00

Call Dell with the error - they'll replace the drive under warranty.

No Events found!