Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2012 13:00

How to disable touchpad in Dell LAtitude E6420

Like many others, it seems, we all know Fn F5 should disable the keypad but, likewise for us sufferers, we know it doesn't. Getting new drivers from the Dell site is a mission in itself. Surely someone has started with the same problem and found a solution? Pls someone? Typing is a real nightmare with the cursor jumping all over the place.

1 Message

May 8th, 2012 09:00

Fn+F5 does work, but only when the touchpad drivers are installed.  I've had my share of frustrations with Dell drivers, but in this case, they were relatively easy to find, download, and install.  Unfortunately, I can't just post a link because in order for the link to work, you have to have already entered the service tag or picked the right system.  (Pro tip Dell?  Make your links shareable.  This whole requirement of entering a service tag first is immensely irritating.  We just want to be able to click a link and download a driver.  The more hurdles you put in the way of your customers, the more likely they are to go somewhere else.)  So you'll have to go to support.dell.com, navigate to the Download Drivers section, pick your system, and download the drivers.  They'll be in the Input category.

Or, if that's too much bother, stick a Post-it note over the touchpad.

No Events found!