Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 25th, 2011 01:00

How to restore dell inspiron 1564 to factory settings

hi, i am having a dell inspiron 1564 model laptop with windows7 home premium pre-installed. I got only one disc drive in my laptop. So to make it into partitioned i have re installed the OS with the windows  disc(not provided by dell). After re installing i have problems with my laptop. It is always going to hang for some seconds. Now i cant even listen to the songs without interruption. To avoid these problems i tried to restore my system to factory settings and i have followed all the instructions for restoring, but i cant see the option Dell Factory Image Restore. I am sure that my recovery disc is undisturbed. So, please help me out of this problem.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 25th, 2011 03:00

sreebobby,

Did you make the Windows 7 - IMPORTANT Windows 7 Backup Disks to create?

Try reading...

Restoring Your Computer´s Software to the Factory Settings

The Dell DataSafe Disks, put disk 1 in and restart your computer, then  follow the instructions.

Rick

2.9K Posts

June 25th, 2011 04:00

Sreebobby,

When you re-installed Windows 7, you destroyed access to the Dell DataSafe Local Backup in your Recovery Partition.

What you can try is to go here:  dslbdownload.datasafelocalbackup.com/dsldownload-en.html

Download Dell DataSafe Local Backup Basic Edition.  Install it.  Restart your computer.  Click on Start|All Programs|Dell DataSafe Local Backup.  Follow the instructions here to create Recovery Disks or USB stick: www.dkszone.net/create-system-recovery-disc-disk-dell-pc-laptop-notebooks-windows-7

After creating Recovery Disks or USB stick, restart the program and choose the Restore option.  Obviously, you can also use the Recovery Disks you created to restore your system.  Note that this is the basic version of Dell DataSafe Local Backup and can only be used to create Recovery Disks and Restore your system to its original state.  It cannot be used to backup or restore the system you created when you reinstalled Windows 7 manually.

Hope this information helps.

Tony

11 Posts

June 25th, 2011 07:00

I didnt created any backup discs, but i have already followed the instructions for restoring the factory settings. They are all not working for me. I will try by using data safe. i think it may work. Thanks for your reply.

11 Posts

June 25th, 2011 07:00

Thank u very much for the reply I think this will help me. I will try it and see whether it works for me or not.

11 Posts

June 26th, 2011 22:00

hi

I have created the recovery discs using dell data safe, but i cant use them. Data safe has created 2 discs for recovering. When i enter into the recovery they are not detecting the system information file from the recovery dvd. I have manually selected the system information file from the dvd but it is saying that the file doesnt contains the hardware information.

Please provide the step by step procedure for using the recovery dvd for restoring the system to factory settings.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 26th, 2011 23:00

sreebobby,

The procedure is to press F2 and the Dell Screen and enter the BIOS. Look for boot sequence. Make it look like...

CD/DVD rom

HDD Hard Drive

Removable devices

network

Save changes and exit.

Then with Dell DataSafe disk 1 in the cd/dvd rom, restart the computer and follow the instructions.

If the Dell DataSafe fail to work, if in the United States, Request Backup Disks USA If in another Country, then contact Dell Tech Support in your Country.

Rick

11 Posts

July 18th, 2011 10:00

I have given my laptop in the dell service center for re-installation of OS. After re-installation, it looks to be good for a day. Now it has its old problems. The system is getting slow. I even cant listen to songs un-interrupted. I think the problem is with the automatic updates for the windows but i am not sure about it. The OS I use is windows 7 home premium 64-bit, antivirus is G-DATA internet security. Please tell me the problem and how to solve it.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 18th, 2011 14:00

• I think you are at the stage you need to back up all your data onto an external harddisc.

• Run Belarc Advisor (it will tell you all the details about your system in a web browser) use the likes of cutepdf writer to make a print out of this for future reference if need be. 

• You need a spare blank DVD or a USB stick (> 4 GB).

Download a the Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (x64) Retail .iso file. (You require quite a fast connection for this download.)

Download the Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool. Use it to create a bootable USB stick or a Windows 7 Installation DVD.

Download the Drivers from the Drivers and Download Page (input your service tag into this page NOT THE FORUM to be system specific).

Save the drivers in folders on the external harddrive so you know what is what, otherwise have a bundle of Rxxxxx and you don't know what is what. Again inputting the service tag will narrow the number of drivers down to those that are specific to your system.

1. Dell Notebook Software (Under System Utilities)

2. Chipset Drivers

3. ATI/Intel Video Drivers

4. Communication Drivers

5. Ethernet (Under Network)

6. Wifi (Under Network)

7. Audio

8. Touchpad (Under Mouse and Keyboard)

9. TV Tuners (If you have under Video)

10. Bluetooth (If You have)

11. Dell Quickset Under Applications.

12. Dell Support Centre

13. Dell Webcam Centre (If you have a Webcam)

14. Dell Dock (Optional)

15. My Dell Downloads (A new feature where you can download preinstalled software such as Roxio Creator Starter for your system, up to 3 times, so again back up - it requires use of internet explorer 32 bit).

Insert the bootable USB stick or DVD into your laptop. Power down your system. Hold F12 when you power up, select either to boot from the USB device or the DVD depending what one you have selected. Follow through with the Windows install, note For more detailed instructions see here.

Once you have installed Windows, install the drivers in the order listed.

Run the PC Check in the Dell Support Centre Afterwards, particularly the hardware scan.

Press [Windows] and [Pause|Break] or right click computer and go to properties. At the bottom there is a line saying Windows Activation. Try to activate online, if not then proceed by phone, usually a 3 minute automated call where you type alot of numbers into the phone, then they gave you alot of numbers to type into your computer. Onscreen instructions are rather self-explanatory but hopefully you can activate online.

That should be your system installed to full functionality without anything else being left behind. Copy all your data back over, install your security and programs. Some useful software I recommend also is here.

No Events found!