Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 26th, 2013 14:00

How to update BIOS on the Inspiron N5110

I have downloaded the current BIOS for the N5110 to upgrade for a Windows 8 upgrade. However, this may sound rather trite but I cannot find any explicit instructions on how to perform the BIOS update. Any help would be much appreciated, even pointing me to a process procedure that has been written to follow. Thanks in advance for any help.

3.3K Posts

March 26th, 2013 15:00

Hi RonGreen,

I have provided a link below to update BIOS(A11) to latest version:

http://dell.to/13EB5VX

1. Click Download now.
  2. The File Download window appears.
  3. Click the Save button.
  4. The Save As window appears
  5. Select Desktop using the drop-down menu to the right of Save in.
  6. Click the Save button.
  7. A progress meter moves as the download is completed.
  8. If necessary, click X in the upper right-hand corner of the Download Progress Window to close it upon completion.

NOTE: Shut down all other applications prior to running the BIOS update utility. The update utility reboots your system in order to get the new BIOS loaded.

1. Double click the Icon on your desktop labeled N5110A11.EXE.
  2. The Dell Bios Flash window appears
  3. Click the Continue button.
  4. The message Pressing OK will close all applications, shut down Windows, Flash the BIOS, and then reboot. Appears.
  5. Click the OK button.
  6. The system will restart and the Bios Flash will be completed.

• During BIOS update verify that the computer is connected to an AC Adapter.
  • Disconnect any third party peripherals connected to the computer before performing BIOS update. 
  • Do not turn off the computer during the BIOS update.
  • Do not restart the computer during the BIOS update.

Note: Plug your computer to a good, working Wall jack before you update the BIOS. If you experience a loss of AC power or a significant voltage sag/spike during the BIOS flash, you will either have to buy a new BIOS chip or buy a new motherboard.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!