Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

7 Posts

March 22nd, 2006 12:00

I-8000 charging concern

I recently (yesterday) had to wipe my hard drive and reload my Windows Me O/S. So far so good. My problem is that my "power meter" indicates that both my batteries ([original battery] LIP8084DLP, LION, Sony corp. & [only a number on this after market purchase from DELL] 57005) indicate as "charging", but have been doing so now for 48 hours and are both at "0%". Clearly they are not charging, or not hooked up with the system.
So- what do I do? My newly reloaded O/S seems to be working fine.

1 Message

April 26th, 2006 02:00

I'm having the same problem, too, with my Inspiron 8000.  Have you figured out the problem yet?

7 Posts

April 26th, 2006 10:00

Yes Carol, I got the problem fixed. I went to the DELL site, logged in to support, plugged in my service tag #, and I believe went to trouble shooting. I'm sorry I'm not more specific but I don't remember exactly. There were a series of things to do, which I did, and ended up with my batteries happily charging. I have no idea as to what I did as I was blindly following directions but they worked. Luckily for me I had a second online computer that I could read the directions on, while I applied them to the 8000. The 8000 will never go online and is a purely in-house & unconnected computer, now devoted solely to my entertainment.
I would warn you about one person/business that uses this forum. He has excellent suggestions but occasionallyt is a bit pessimystic. He advised that I had a corrupted hard drive when I had a question regarding the reloading (I don't) and suggested that my batteries were bad when I wondered about why they weren't charging. Well, the reload went fine (except for the battery charging) and now my batteries are charged and regularly recharge as well.

7 Posts

April 26th, 2006 11:00

Hi Carol:
I went back and checked on what i did. I did as i noted, went to the site, logged in, gave the service tag, went to inspiron, went to "one step troubleshooting" and typed in "battery charging". It took me directly to the pages I used to fix the proble. ((+: Barry
No Events found!