Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2009 19:00

I want to reformat my Dell Laptop Inspirion 1300 to the original format. How do I do that?

I want to reformat my Dell Laptop Inspirion 1300 to the original format. I don't care that it will erase everything because I've saved what I want. How do I do this?

3 Apprentice

• 

20.5K Posts

3 Posts

I thought there was a way to go to F8 to restore the system to the original setting. I've attempted using the reinstallation operating system for the windows XP and this still does not work. My original problem is that my background display on my laptop appears but none of the icons. I contacted Dell and they said I would need to restore my system back to the original setting, the first day I got my computer. That is all I got before they wanted to charge their fee.

4.6K Posts

March 6th, 2009 06:00

I thought there was a way to go to F8 to restore the system to the original setting.

There is a way to restore it the original/factory settings (see below).

But you suggested in your opening post - and in the thread title, that you wanted to "reformat" your laptop, which is why BugBatter provided those specific links :emotion-55:

I've attempted using the reinstallation operating system for the windows XP and this still does not work.

Why doesn't it work?  What happens?  Are you getting an error message?

Did you use the procedure laid down in the official Dell guide to 'Restoring your [Dell] computer to the factory settings'?

It's not F8 you use btw.  It's CTRL + F11 :emotion-55:

No Events found!