Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2012 22:00

IDT High definition Audio CODEC

I have a Vostro 3400 running Windows 7 (32 bit).  I uninstalled

IDT High definition Audio CODEC and now I can't figure out how to reinstall it.  I would welcome any help someone can provide.  Thanks.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 8th, 2012 22:00

Hi,

Welcome to the community

Can you try to download this driver from our website ; http://dell.to/IP9XsA Download file and run it, Then restart the computer. Hope this helps, feel free to reply back if you need further assistance.

Regards,

10 Posts

May 9th, 2012 16:00

Thanks for your help.  I did that and was able to download it and then followed the steps through the install wizard.  When I rebooted my computer and tried to play something with music, though, I got this message:

So, I know I'm close (and it shows up now under sound on Device Manager) but still not able to play anything audibly.

10 Posts

May 9th, 2012 16:00

Hmmm, I had the notice pasted into the message but it didn't post.  Basically, it says audio device is disable and problem is not fixed.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 10th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

Can you go to control panel and open sounds under the "Playback" tab find a blank space in this box and right click, check both options "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnected devices" Then restart the computer.

10 Posts

May 12th, 2012 06:00

I did that and it made the changes but still getting the same audio error.  When I go into sounds on control panel right now, all the Digital Audio (HDMI) things say "not plugged in".  The speakers/headphones with IDT High Definition Audio CODEC  says "Default Device" and has a green check. and the Digital Audio things have a red arrow pointing down.  Any thoughts on next steps?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 14th, 2012 01:00

Hi,

Give me within 24 hours. I will do a quick research on this. Thanks!

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 15th, 2012 03:00

Hi,

Can you brief me what exactly happened why is it that you uninstall IDT High Def Audio in the beginning? Are there any other audio codecs installed in this computer?

Lets try uninstalling the IDT High Def Audio via Control Panel>Programs and Features. Then restart the computer. Let Windows install native drivers for audio. (Should be automatic) When the native driver is installed, on the Sounds properties you will see the words "High Definition Audio Device" in place of the words "IDT High Definition Audio Codec". If there is still no audio with the native driver then there might be a hardware issue on this computer.

Try running custom test for audio. Restart the computer, on Dell Logo, keep tapping F12. Choose diagnostics, and run test. On main page, select Custom Test then Audi test. Post back for any error codes.

Regards,

3 Posts

June 23rd, 2013 07:00

Thank You. It worked!

No Events found!